Thread: antidepressants in pregnacy

antidepressants in pregnacy

Maker of the drug, Lundbeck says:

""The decision not to prescribe anti-depressants to a woman who is depressed... may generate greater risks to the woman and her foetus than the risks of exposure to the medication.""
    while earlier in the article is read that the woman had anxiety, and was not depressed.

If I would have the power, I would like to issue another statement:

"Not exposing the members of the board of directors from the major drug companies to a combination of SSRI antidepressants, antipsychotics and MAO-inhibitors for a period of 5 years, all in the highest doses, and afterwardds cold turkey them, is considered less dangerous to society them exposoing them. Therefore they will be forced to take those drugs"
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Horror!

The doctor suggested that benzo take during pregnancy of my daughter. I rejected the benzo, I knew it was risky for the baby. He said that antidepressants were not good during pregnancy
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Here we go again...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    If I would have the power, I would like to issue another statement:

"Not exposing the members of the board of directors from the major drug companies to a combination of SSRI antidepressants, antipsychotics and MAO-inhibitors for a period of 5 years, all in the highest doses, and afterwardds cold turkey them, is considered less dangerous to society them exposoing them. Therefore they will be forced to take those drugs"
    why 5 years? is there something special? and why not adding some cool mild benzo?
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Sending good energy to Prof. Pilling!

And see here, post #3

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ntidepressants

Ha ha, Claudius and Stan!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit