Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
My exercise is to go swimming, I've been doing that for 17 years now and it makes me feel better. You use almost all your muscles in the water, so it's great for your body.
It also makes your head empty, because you're forced to focus on your breathing, on your body instead of your mind.
When I'm angry, I can take all my agression out on the water ;-). And on days that I don't feel very energetic, I go slowly and float a little bit. Whatever I do when I'm in the pool,
it's always o.k. For me it's always an achievement to have been there. This is the thing I have the most discipline for to do, because it always makes me feel good .
I'm so glad you wrote this--swimming is also my best exercise and I will get more motivated from your example. Sometimes it is hard to motivate what with all the winter clothes changing and other excuses, but like you , I always feel it is beneficial to get in the water. I'm pisces so water is a good environment for me. I never thought of that--how you have to concentrate on your breathing when swimming --so true--and that is also a key to meditation so swimming is meditative for us.