Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

Shel, i had and have no choice, time has done the rest
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Iggy, i will speed my healing, drinking bottle of vitamine C, omega 3 , to be able to pick you the faster possible
    Good stuff Stan, dont take too long, if you have enough omega 3, you could turn into a fish like Sheila and swim the channel!!!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I am so happy you are feeling better, mon ami!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Dropping by to wish you much healing. You seem to have had very many physical symptoms. I wonder why on PP I read some have mainly physical WD, some mainly psychological.. some both. I have been lucky with not much physical, but whole dish in psycho.. Do you guys have any thought on this?

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”
    ― Leo Tolstoy
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Moui – I think it has to do with your pre-existing vulnerabilities and strengths. WD will pop out where you are most vulnerable. In WD, I have had emotional symptoms the worst, physical symptoms medium, and cognitively I had the least symptoms. And that pretty much fits my strengths and weaknesses from before meds.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Interesting thought. Fear is indeed my thing and in wd it was most prominent in symptoms. WD did turn me into the monster version of me, bad qualities grow, good qualities diminish..
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Yeah, it’s a trip into the Shadow, for sure. But, I really believe it does necessary healing on the shadow parts of us.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Moui – I think it has to do with your pre-existing vulnerabilities and strengths. WD will pop out where you are most vulnerable. In WD, I have had emotional symptoms the worst, physical symptoms medium, and cognitively I had the least symptoms. And that pretty much fits my strengths and weaknesses from before meds.
    That's interesting Sheila. I find I can cope with much of the anxiety because I'd already learned to live with it - long before Paxil. But in my most vulnerable moments - when my son was diagnosed and I was told of the only 3% chance of being able to conceive naturally (one in April, the other in July of the same year) - the insomnia was insane.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

OK, so the hypothesis works for you. When you’re maxed out, you’re vulnerable to insomnia, as opposed to some other sort of reaction (say, tons of viruses like some people get). And that’s where WD is landing for you.

-- Holger Kalweit

Stan – have you modified your diet to decrease your Omega-6 intake and increase your Omega-3 intake? If so, what changes did you make?

-- Holger Kalweit