Thread: Hi there! 16 years of antidepressants and other medication...

Hybrid View

That’s fantastic how you are learning to experiment with your anxiety and not be so afraid of going through it! Eventually, you will learn to work with your depression and anger in the same way.

And, yes, your emotions now are probably a combination of real personal issues *and* distortion and amplification caused by the medication taper.

These meds (medications) do seem to change the brain, but the brain heals once you remove the meds. We have seen it happen hundreds of times.

Sometimes, people have to slow down the taper near the end. You are right to wait a month between drops if it allows you to stabilize somewhat.

The St. John’s wort might be a problem. It’s generally best not to take anything that is too directly serotonergic. More generally supportive supplements seem to be better tolerated.

I’m sorry your daughter seems to have gone through withdrawal (w/d). You are not alone. This is a worldwide pandemic of doctors telling women it’s OK to get pregnant while on these drugs. It sounds like she is finished with her w/d and doing very well. By age 5, it seems extremely likely that she is fully and permanently recovered from the medication exposure. Remember, the young brain is incredibly plastic and able to be repaired fast.

We can help you explore strategies for managing the anger and hyper-sensitivity that are so common in w/d.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    The St. John’s wort might be a problem. It’s generally best not to take anything that is too directly serotonergic. More generally supportive supplements seem to be better tolerated.

I’m sorry your daughter seems to have gone through withdrawal (w/d). You are not alone. This is a worldwide pandemic of doctors telling women it’s OK to get pregnant while on these drugs. It sounds like she is finished with her w/d and doing very well. By age 5, it seems extremely likely that she is fully and permanently recovered from the medication exposure. Remember, the young brain is incredibly plastic and able to be repaired fast.

We can help you explore strategies for managing the anger and hyper-sensitivity that are so common in w/d.

Thank you Sheila, for your encouraging and soothing words regarding my daughter, it means a lot to me.

I dont understand what you are saying about the st. Johnsworth though. Would you mind to explain a bit further?

I never beleived that st. Jonhnsworth would do anything for me, but strangely enough it does. I do feel better and more balanced. It could be a placebo effect, but it is very welcome in this part of my yourney.
    I wonder however if I am not replacing one drug with another, that is my main concern regarding the use of St. Johnsworth.