Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: General diet/Supplements

What do people think about Gatorade in order to stay hydrated? I'm drinking as much H2O as I can.
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    What do people think about Gatorade in order to stay hydrated? I'm drinking as much H2O as I can.
    I'd stay away from it - too much bad chemicals in it. Staying away from sodas is a must, and not only in WD. Hydrated - absolutely, but in a natural way.

http://naturalsociety.com/flame-reta...a-for-decades/
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I'd stay away from it - too much bad chemicals in it. Staying away from sodas is a must, and not only in WD. Hydrated - absolutely, but in a natural way.

http://naturalsociety.com/flame-reta...a-for-decades/
    Thanks for the link Luc. I'm steering clear of it! Lots of H20 for sure. I am finding that pure fruit juice is helpful too.
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Some of you already know this website http://www.earthclinic.com/ People from all over the world share there their experience with natural remedies. People vote which remedy in their case was the most effective for a given ailment. Interestingly, the most popular one is Apple Cider Vinegar. http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

I'm not saying here it'd work on WD per se, but it may be a good idea for alleviating secondary conditions caused by WD.

Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive feedback we've received over the past 8 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous. They include cures for allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has high blood pressure under control in two weeks. More at:

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

Please, share your experience you may have had with ACV. Also, if you decided to try it out, please remember about introducing it slowly.

I have started taking Vit C, magnesium, Vit D and calcium. I have to get some Omega 3.......it's hard to swallow all those pills when I am so nauseated so I take it at different times of the day. I wonder if that is a problem? I guess I could ask my primary care physician. Not my shrink of course. Oh boy.

Interesting about the ACV, Luc. Thanks for sharing.
    Benzo free since 2010

Nausea is a very common WD symptom and can get very severe in WD. But it does get better, Elizabeth. You can try having some ginger. It helps quite many folks.

Dividing taking your pills is a very good idea. As for Omega-3, there's always an option of upping your daily dose of fish. This article has a table of the oil-rich fish; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid
    Last edited by Luc; 01-01-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Elizabeth -- You might try standing up, and raising your arms over your head when you try to swallow your pills. That will make your throat / upper esophagus a little more open. Does more cold water help or not really? Are there times of day when your nausea is better? Does eating something after you take a pill help?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i drunk a bottle of gatorade this summer for the first time in my life, bought in a super market, it was not famous, i was disappointed, water with sugar and perfume and color; and it was written :gatorade
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i drunk a bottle of gatorade this summer for the first time in my life, bought in a super market, it was not famous, i was disappointed, water with sugar and perfume and color; and it was written :gatorade
    Perfect description, Stan!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Elizabeth -- You might try standing up, and raising your arms over your head when you try to swallow your pills. That will make your throat / upper esophagus a little more open. Does more cold water help or not really? Are there times of day when your nausea is better? Does eating something after you take a pill help?
    I tried raising my arms. Not a bad idea. Nausea is better in the a.m. and gets worse by 3pm (the witching hour) Oh, it's 2:54pm right now! LOL. That explains everything. Crying jags. I have been eating alot of saltine crackers. That helps the pills go down. The supplements are just so BIG. Thanks for the tips Sheila.
    Benzo free since 2010