Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Angies withdrawhell journal

Well im almost at 15months post paxil now , yippeee, some days are good im happy to say, while others are ???? yuck, those yuck days are the ones where the anxiety is still quite high sometimes high enough to make my body feel like its going to seize, and the back of head and neck pain continue, ok it doesnt sound too bad does it???? but remember in 4months time ( November) it will be 7 years since this nightmare for me first began, and although things are better than they once were, id hoped after 15mths off, they would be better than they are , but still im very grateful to be where i am today, and really pleased that some things have improved......... How i love those days of calm and NO anxiety, just wish they happened more often lol.

My husbands condition remains the same, well since i introduced him to omega 3 fish oils and magnesium i think he may be starting to show some signs of improvement, although the situation that created this for him, still remains unresolved.
    Last week we went to the coast for a few days, weather was beautiful and we chilled out on the beach under the hot sun, was lovely, although the visit was to coincide with my wedding anniversary, and HE made NO effort at all - as in NOT even a card!!!!!!!!!! I was hurt and upset, but had to hide what i was feeling about that, because i didnt want the repercussions and endless stream of excuses as to why the occasion passed unnoticed ---oh well the break was good!

I now have about 6 weeks to wait for the arrival of the first of two new grandbabies due.

It's great to hear that you are healing, Angie!

That was an excellent idea to start your husband on Omega-3 and magnesium.

Sending you good wishes for improvement in every quarter!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Angie,

you seem going very well if i compare to your posts 1 year ago

it is good news

There's been a huge improvement for you, Angie. I can so see it. Just keep it that way and keep us posted - many folks will find an inspiration in your story, and that the things *do* improve.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Guys, how is everyone here doing!!

Im back with an update at 22 months off ------- after 18months things got a lot lot better, there were many days of no anxiety and no weird head or brain sensations. I got through a tressful xmas with minimal problems, then last thursday i was slammed with major stresses to deal with, and i dealt with them all ---------then i paid the price - or i think thats whats going on im not sure.
    Iv been a victim of identity theft, had a grandaughter in hospital, hubbys depression and i spend 4 days out of every week helping my children out with my grandchildren in terms of babysitting, but last week it was everyday including weekend too . Sunday the anxiety was out of this world along with nervous system stuff, it scared the hell out of me, and i spent the day ambling round not really knowing where i wanted to be or what i wanted to do, i got through it, hard as it was, monday was more of the insane anxiety, tuesday i managed to get out and wednesday anxiety was rife yet again ------as some considerate soul at low doses of paxil was talking to me about blood pressure issues, and i explained that it could be wd but to get it checked out ---after being asked about my bp i explained that my testing in this area was always fine, but my pulse rate was always higher than normal since tapering , to which he replied, OMG thAT CAN KILL YOU!!! well of course all here know that when in that anxious sTATE its so hard to rationalise, and i let it get the better of me ----today anxiety is still there, but thankfully at a lower level and pulse rate seems less fast today too, is this a reaction to the stress load maybe or still just wd ????????

Hey, Angie. Good to hear from you. Well, it looks like the tremendous stress you have been under simply stirred up your dysautonomia. This will pass, too. Your system is still very fragile, and, partially, still in WD. It just takes more time for all the pieces to fall into their proper places. Your WD "scars" haven't stopped healing yet.
    Last edited by Luc; 03-07-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Please, keep us updated as often as possible, Angie.
    Last edited by Luc; 03-07-2013 at 07:15 PM.

i think it is stress and withdrawal, because in our case, the withdrawal last years, but more time passes, more we can diminish the fears, thing we cannot do first years because too chemical
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Nice to see you, angie! Great to hear that you were doing so well. So sorry to hear about the tremendous amount of stress. I have heard of other people who were basically recovered from w/d, but if enough life stress happens, they would have a sort of "flashback" -- a few days of being back in w/d symptoms. Then, it goes away again quickly and completely.

Luc -- that's a good way to put it -- the scars haven't stopped healing yet.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Awww thanxs guys for all your support, i really appreciate it, you know the anxiety from this has been insane, but the things that bothers me most apart from the intensity of that is to see a return of the weird head pain, tingly sensations in the head, front head pain, sometimes like stabbing, and of course the back of the head, neck and sometimes even shoulder areas, along with tightnings of the muscles in my upper arms ----- TENSION maybe ??? whats your thoughts ???

Its been so much better -hence maybe why it feels worse lol x