Thread: xanax

xanax

There was a show on tv here last night about xanax. It was what was found in Whitney Houston's blood. They are pushing to ban it here in Australia. Unfortunately they did not say how all the other a/d's are also addictive and should be banned!

xanax is the most addictive and most dangerous of Bonzo's, he has done much harm to many people, this is a big step if they will banish it. Also hoping to SSRI's the same thing
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Both benzos and SSRIs are hell - I was prescribed both of those, then went c/t on them, not realizing what I'd be in for. When benzos were officially deemed as causing dependency, they came up with SSRIs.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

It is strange, just before I was put on PAxil in 2002 for panic attacks, I got Xanax (alprazolam) from my doctor who even wanred me it was addictive (he however, never warned me for Paxil). I was pretty stubborn and took the Xanax, with increasing doses for about one month.
    I never noticed any effect from ot, positive or negative. And when I quit, cold turkey from 4 tablets a day to none, I never felt anyting!
    According to the reputation of Xanax and compared to my Paxil horror story, this is pretty strange...
    Last edited by Claudius; 07-16-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: 34 tablet must be 4 tablets :)
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    I never noticed any effect from ot, positive or negative. And when I quit, cold turkey from 34 tablets a day to none, I never felt anyting!
    How many mg were you taking, Claudius?!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I do not remember, it is 10 years ago and I took it for a short time. I also tried some other benzo's, oxazepam, diazepam and temazepam for sleeping and none of them had any effect on me.
    Probably I am just insensitive to the benzo's. And that is a pity, because I never would have put on an AD if I could have taken a benzo for peak stress. My mother took Valium/Oxazepan 30 years ago when my parents we in a divorce, it helped her very well and she came off without problems.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

gD -- thanks for sharing that about the Australian push to ban Xanax. That's good news.

Claudius -- so interesting about how some people's systems are really different. I have only ever taken 1-2 Valium, Xanax, etc. many years ago (before I took the antidepressants). I didn't take enough to find out how addictive they are for me, but I *have* found that anti-anxiety meds just make me sleepy, but don't make me less anxious.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

physicians prescribe AD's after the Benzo's to reduce the anxiety that causes the Benzo's (that's what they think).

they do not recognize that AD's are the worst physical side especially
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

about xanax, the last year (the twelve) i was on paxil, and in tolerance since years, the paxil do no more work, and i took several time a day xanax for anxiety, it has not work much
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish