This is what often worries me since I use a 20mg pill to get my 6.5mg. I end up taking one full quarter pill and a little sliver. I use 20mg pills because I can only tolerate brand name and it is much cheaper to get 20mg pills for two month's worth, than 10mg pills for one month's worth My justification has been that if the active ingredient WASN'T evenly distributed throughout the pill then how could they press thousands of 20mg pills and still be ensured that there is 20mg in each pill? The only way this is possible is if the active ingredient is distributed evenly throughout. It's been my understanding that the ingredients are mixed for hours in vats before pressing, but I'll admit I don't know the exact procedure. Some of us can't tolerate or afford the liquid so shaving and weighing is all we have. I'm wary of crushing and mixing the pills in liquid, because the outer pink coating of my pills would make this a bit difficult. Also, the powder of SSRI pills seems heavier than that of benzo, so I'm not sure how well they would mix. How many of you use this method, and does it work for you? I would really like to ensure that I am getting the correct dose.