I've been on 45 mg. of Remeron for about a year and a half. I realize that I've been going down more than the recommended 10%. For one thing, it's next to impossible to split the rapidly dissolving tabs into smaller pieces...they tend to just disintegrate. This is the only form I've been able to tolerate..the regular pills made me sick for some reason. Liquid form is not available in Canada either.

I didn't want to sound like a flake, but I've been doing shamanic practice for awhile and am following guidance of my helping spirits. I realize that sounds out there, but advice for other things has been spot on.

I am going to slow it down and decrease the next amount every other day to begin with. Remeron has a half life of over 20 hours, so this should help to keep things in better balance. I've also discovered if I do more qi gong in those first days around the dosage change, it minimizes the side effects.

I've had intermittent insomnia just like this this my partner died, so it's hard to know for sure if the cause is decrease in meds. I slept a whole lot better when I was only taking 15 mg. than I did on each of the increases.

I realize it's important to go slow....part of my motivation for going off them was with the hope of some weight loss, along with wanting to not live in a state of anesthesia anymore. In spite of eating very healthy and getting exercise every day, I've had very minimal weight change. The diabetes, asthma, and arthritis will all be greatly improved with carrying fewer pounds. I've put on a ton of weight from these pills..

J