View Poll Results: What is the average number of times you take pain reliever medication in a month?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

5 50.00%
  • 1-3

2 20.00%
  • 5-10

1 10.00%
  • More than 10

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A poll

A poll

Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Wow! 5-10? I voted 0 because a) I have a high threshold to pain, and b) if I am experiencing pain then something is wrong and I try to find out what it is.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

i try to held and until today arrived, but tomorrow...!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I don't take any pills if I can help it.

I have toothache, so I am taking ibuprofen, I started small to see if it had a bad effect but they seem to be fine. I dont want to give myself a fear of meds, although yes I have one and I know I need to be careful, but I voted 1-3 but in reality I have used pain meds 5-10 this month because I have just had a HORRIFIC flu (thats why I didnt post much) and now I have a rotten wisdom tooth come through, I know I ned to have it looked at but Im scared of the dentists at the best of times and this is the WORST of times, oh dear...
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I can see you are very cautious in that respect, guys. That is very good. Even if it sometimes impossible to not take them, limiting their amount is always a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    I have toothache, so I am taking ibuprofen, I started small to see if it had a bad effect but they seem to be fine. I dont want to give myself a fear of meds, although yes I have one and I know I need to be careful, but I voted 1-3 but in reality I have used pain meds 5-10 this month because I have just had a HORRIFIC flu (thats why I didnt post much) and now I have a rotten wisdom tooth come through, I know I ned to have it looked at but Im scared of the dentists at the best of times and this is the WORST of times, oh dear...
    How are your symptoms in general, Iggy? Apart from this flu thing.

Iggy -- So sorry to hear about your flu and now teeth! Sending you healing energy!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Awww Iggy. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you feel better soon. And I hope you are seeing the dentist!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your toothache and flu Iggy. Hope you get to feeling better. Hope its not a big tooth problem, but if so you should get it fixed so you wont have to suffer long.

As far as pain meds go for me, I was taking 0-1 per month of maybe a tylenol. But because of the surgery I was given morphine while in the hospital and at home I take 1-2 percocet every 4-6 hours as needed. I think the surgery is helping me get over my fear of meds.