Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Book on IVF

maybe this one will be good!...

Oh, well done, Junior! What an achievement! I really think this book is going to be a real contribution and will help people who are dealing with this topic. There may be no greater pleasure than turning a painful experience into an exciting, life-affirming one!

Congratulations! And keep us up-to-date with developments!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I really think this book is going to be a real contribution and will help people who are dealing with this topic.
    That's exactly what I want to achieve. When I was talking to the publisher yesterday, one of the first things she wanted to know was my vision for my book. I said I wanted to reach those going through the IVF roller-coaster and those who have been through it and had no success. I want to inspire them and show them that you CAN get through it - as hard as it is. I also want to get the message out there that IVF does NOT work for everyone; that you shouldn't just "freeze your eggs" or "have a slice of your ovary frozen" or any of the other flippant comments you hear from time to time. If you want children you should start trying while you are still young and not put it off while you pursue a career (or anything else). Of course, finding a partner to have children with can be an issue and I can't help with that!

Now that I've got this far, it's scary. Scary to think that my words - my emotions - my experiences could be read by others. It sounds weird since that is what I want to achieve but ... I don't know. I guess it's the 'big unknown'

Oh.. just received the 'samples' she posted yesterday. Book sizes and cover - glossy or matte. Decisions. Decisions!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Thanks Stan. This one is a reputable company :)

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

It seems that our cultures tend to overlook how challenging success and happiness are. They take some getting used to. You have to expand your capacity beyond where it was before. You have to move your emotional "set point" over a few notches. You have to get used to different energy. It's a thing!

But, what a wonderful problem to have! And you are doing it! And you will become accustomed to expressing yourself more, being more "out there" in the world!

Go, Junior! We're behind you!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Junior,

How fun and so very enjoyable to come home from lunch with your friends and find such a complimentary e-mail from your publisher. Congratulations.
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Thanks everyone.

I think I like the 'larger' book (150 x 230mm) and the glossy cover

Oh dear...down the track I will have to decide which FONT I want! haha how will I ever cope?

So great to hear about it, Junior! Congratulations! That's an awesome "start up/passions", I tell y'a. I can't even imagine what achievements the next of IAWP genarations will write about, if one of the first ones is publishing a book already. Oh, my! *leaves the post to look for an appropriate emoticon* *is back*

Please, keep us updated!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Junior, CONGRATULATIONS this is wonderful news!!!!!!

Update: Change of plan

Sadly self-publishing turned out to be VERY expensive. @AUD13,000 to publish 2000 physical books and another AUD4500 for publicity and distribution :stunned: So I really can't go that route - at least not at the moment. I WAS considering the eBook option which is only @AUD800 but ....

... while I was looking into it I got word that my cousin, who recently had a book published, was trying to contact me. She knows about my book and wanted to help. She spoke to her agent and sent him some sample chapters and... HE THINKS MY WORK IS STRONG ENOUGH TO GET A PUBLISHER!!!!!!!!

So.. I NOW OFFICIALLY HAVE A LITERARY AGENT!!!

Woooo hooo.

Of course, having an agent is no guarantee of getting a publisher but it is certainly a good start. AND I don't have to pay a cent!

Happy Happy Joy Joy

I have kept good relations with the self-publishing company and they are happy for me to come back to them should my agent not be able to find me a publisher. So all is well