Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Book on IVF

good luck for your little surgery( lap-band)!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    You know Luc, you really should get your butt on this site more often. I miss you so much when you're not here and love it when you are.

Thank you for your comments above. I'm actually not doing anything about my book at the moment because I'm about to have lap-band surgery (oops, don't think I've told anyone here ... sorry folks) and I'm focussing on that. But I plan to get back to it once things have settled and -well probably after Xmas now. I'm not working at the moment and have a few months up my sleeve - going back o/seas in May / June so won't be looking for another job until we get back - so I plan to study and work on somehow getting my book out there during that time.
    I promise to jump in as often as I will be able, Junior. I will be wearing this silver parachutist suit, with the main parachute, and the emergency chute (just in case) strapped to my sides. Talking of silver, this thought crossed my mind... I will try transforming the thought into action and this in substance. Maybe today.

Sending you lots of superstrength - vide your surgery!
    Last edited by Luc; 11-22-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    good luck for your little surgery( lap-band)!
    Now Stan, no need to cry. I will be fine. I promise. And soon there will be less of me - actually there already is. I've lost 9kg on the pre-op Optifast diet
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I promise to jump in as often as I will be able, Junior. I will be wearing this silver parachutist suit, with the main parachute, and the emergency chute (just in case) strapped to my sides. Talking of silver, this thought crossed my mind... I will try transorming the thought into action and this in substance. Maybe today.

Sending you lots of superstrength - vide your surgery!
    I'll keep watching for the man in the silversuit

As for my op - meh... minor procedure. If it wasn't for the fact that anaesthetics and I don't get along (they make me throw up), I would be home the same day!

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Now Stan, no need to cry. I will be fine. I promise. And soon there will be less of me - actually there already is. I've lost 9kg on the pre-op Optifast diet
    9 kg !!!!!!!!!! 9 kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in your case i would do the diet all year and no need surgery
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    9 kg !!!!!!!!!! 9 kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in your case i would do the diet all year and no need surgery
    hahahahahahahahhaaha I wish it was that easy. But I know I wouldn't stick to it

And.... I misread my scales I've "only" lost 4.5kg (not that I am complaining)

Junior.............

i had a hard time trying to find your thread this evening but finally managed to locate the darn thing. (lol)

Just read your synopsis and Wow......what a fabulous job! I'm so sorry for all that you have been through. Sounds like a very difficult journey which required you to travel deep into the descent experience (as Sheila mentioned) but also to emerge from it in a way that can validate, support and inspire others.

Forgive me.............I'm having serious cog. fog ATM and wish I could express my thoughts more eloquently but bottom line is I wish you success in getting your book published.

I'm sure it's not a matter of if but more a matter of when. Keep us posted.

Hope you are recovering nicely from your recent surgery.

Samsara

Thank you so much. I believe in my product and I certainly intend to follow through with it. Just not until next year.

As for my surgery.. well I was outside oiling my decking yesterday so I guess you could say I'm pretty much recovered. It wasn't my tummy that was sore afterwards, it was my back Go figure!

<<<< this is Poppiseed

<<<< and this is Snagglepuss

I belong to these two. I am their slave

As for my surgery.. well I was outside oiling my decking yesterday so I guess you could say I'm pretty much recovered.
    LOL. We even have the emoticon for "oiling the decking".

Good to hear you're on the mend, Junior!

Oh, and it's so warm now down under. I envy you. And even though the winter hasn't sat properly in here yet, it's still so bleak.

I want this ---->
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Self-Publisher wants to publish my book!

Hi everyone

I have good news. I submitted some sample chapters to this place http://aampersanda.com/ and they are interested in publishing my book! I submitted a week ago (Wednesday) and it came up that I would hear back within 21 days. That was fine. I was ok with that. Went out to lunch with a couple of g/fs on Friday and came home to an email - "your sample chapters are absolutely excellent" ... "I am certainly interested in publishing it for you"

Soooooooo.... we set up an 'appointment' for me to ring the owner which was for 10am today. I did that and we had a fruitful discussion. She believes it will sell really well . Apparently people are more interested in personal stories than fiction these days and she feels my writing style is 'very readable'.

The next step is for me send a hard copy of the manuscript, which I will do today, and to email a copy as well. She then gets quotes for the production process etc and will get back to me with these. The time it takes to get it all into print if 4 months. SHe said that is because it takes that long to get the number you need for the distribution list. I think she meant the ISBN.

Soooooooooo... watch this space