Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book on IVF

no book cover picture? for advertising
    text is good, but a few pictures inside and outside is a must
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Junior, this is really excellent. The book has a powerful, clear, hopeful arc which describes an archetypal "Hero's Journey" or "descent experience." You have clearly done a lot of work on yourself and I really admire you for it. This book sounds like it will be a real contribution to the fertility literature. I think it will help a lot of people examine themselves more deeply, and open up the potential space for different outcomes being valuable.

Your synopsis is really well-written and a very effective prospectus and advertisement for the manuscript.

Ha! I can't imagine how wise and powerful you're going to be when you have had time to integrate the whole antidepressant journey as well! I really look forward to seeing what you end up doing with it all!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Uhhhhh.... Stan..... I haven't got that far yet!!!

A publisher usually does all the organising for a cover and any other artwork. With the author's permission of course.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Junior, this is really excellent. The book has a powerful, clear, hopeful arc which describes an archetypal "Hero's Journey" or "descent experience." You have clearly done a lot of work on yourself and I really admire you for it. This book sounds like it will be a real contribution to the fertility literature. I think it will help a lot of people examine themselves more deeply, and open up the potential space for different outcomes being valuable.

Your synopsis is really well-written and a very effective prospectus and advertisement for the manuscript.

Ha! I can't imagine how wise and powerful you're going to be when you have had time to integrate the whole antidepressant journey as well! I really look forward to seeing what you end up doing with it all!

Thanks Sheila. I appreciate your kind words. It's funny, I was just thinking yesterday that I didn't find it hard to write the book. I had a journal, and a mass of 'stuff' that I'd written along the way (when I am emotional I write, it's my way of coping) and all I really had to do was put it all together. It's almost like the book wrote itself really. I noticed something else recently too. I'm studying a Grad Cert in Counselling and I'm currently doing Loss and Grief. Well my book kind of shows an overall grief reaction. Not that I didn't realise how much I'd grieved - LOL - but it's a really good example of how grief manifests.

As for my next book - well.....

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    It's almost like the book wrote itself really.
    Love this! A sign of really being in the flow.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Love this! A sign of really being in the flow.

Is this a good thing?

-- Holger Kalweit

LOL! I'm not sure that's how the book got written. What I meant was that the material was already there because I'd kept journals and things along the way. All I had to do was weave it together and that happened sporadically over a couple of years. I was at uni at the time (doing psychology, but not 'positive psychology' ) so I worked on it between semesters.

Hey, Junior. So belatedy on my part, but still, congratulations on your book. Not quit sure where you're right now in terms of publishing routes, but the self-publishing often works wonders. And yes, the cathartic side of it cannot be overestimated - you externalize/metabolize your pain. I have my personal diary of WD - sometimes adding even as little as a sentence a week if the times are bad, but managed to keep track of things of WD and the pre-WD time. It helps a lot. Everybody should try it. Please, keep us updated! Your book will help others to cope with their traumas and grief in a big way. Chapeau bas! ----->
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You know Luc, you really should get your butt on this site more often. I miss you so much when you're not here and love it when you are.

Thank you for your comments above. I'm actually not doing anything about my book at the moment because I'm about to have lap-band surgery (oops, don't think I've told anyone here ... sorry folks) and I'm focussing on that. But I plan to get back to it once things have settled and -well probably after Xmas now. I'm not working at the moment and have a few months up my sleeve - going back o/seas in May / June so won't be looking for another job until we get back - so I plan to study and work on somehow getting my book out there during that time.