Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why fevers can actually be good for you

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    wow It is such a blessing to be conversing with such progressive minded people!
    annie – you say the nicest things…all the time. What an appreciative, attentive person you are! You make us feel good!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thanks for the two articles, annie and Luc. I have taken about 285 mg x 3 of curcumin daily for years. That's all Sodhi recommends. I wonder how much they used in the liver study. I hope mine is decent quality.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

SHEILA--Since you have been taking curcumin, have you gotten the flu?
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Does anyone have information about Vit. K ? On another site--this formula is recommended for w/d: Vit. K, Biotin, Tumeric, Grape seed; green tea; milk thistle; N-A-L Cysteine; L-taurine; Alpha L- poic(sp?) Acid.
    What daily dose of Fish Oil (Omega 3) do you recommend? That other site says fish oil depletes Vit. E.
    The drum beat hysteria about getting Flu shot is a good example of the power of mass media. I'm glad for the alternative voices here and I'm going with curcumin for now!
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Knock on wood, I don’t think I’ve had the flu since the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69. This includes years of no supplement, moderate-dose Vit. C, flu shot, turmeric, and high-dose Vit. C.

Now, the really interesting thing is that went I went up to about 2000 mg Vit. C, I would get about 1-2 colds per winter. When I went down on C, I got more colds. And, when I went up to 3-4000 mg Vit. C, I stopped getting colds altogether. I’ll get like a faint malaise-type respiratory or sinus infection, but never full-blown. Now, I’m at 9000 C, and my plan is to go up to 12,000, but I have to proceed slowly, because it can be activating to me if I go too fast.

Don't know nuthin' about Vit. K - please post any interesting tidbits.

You do need to take 400 IU Vit E if you do the fish oil. That's a big question how much Omega-3 to take. Why don't you mosey on over to the Omega-3 thread, tell us what your thinking is, and we'll take it from there.

-- Holger Kalweit