Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Your self-talk is good. Try adding in comfort for the 3-year-old you from the adult you.

Aw, that is so common to be freaked out about some chore while in recovery. We have all been through that so many times. We always get through it, and you will too.
    My self talk can either be a good thing or a huge downfall. That's why I wish I had the nerve to keep a paper journal b/c when I SEE what I am thinking I can either see how outrageous or rational my thoughts are. Thanks for the encouragment. As for nurturing the inner child......I still sleep with a bear! No shame in that. I am sitting here not wanting to go to sleep.......my mind is racing..... I have a meditative CD called Solitudes that I am about to pop into my player. Maybe that will help.
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I just forced myself out of bed and kept saying "You are grown up and awake, you are grown up and awake". If I stay in bed it gets worse.
    That is very good, Elizabeth. If it's only possible, trying to do even the tiniest of things helps take your mind off of WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Last night was just unreal. I really hate going to bed right now. Don't like the dark either.
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Elizabeth--I'm not a professional and the combination of w/d and foundational issues is so complex -- but your acute night time symptoms might be PTSD. I truly support your move away from your old shrink. In other posts I have been probably too condemning of shrinks in general. The PhD professional who originally suggested I take AD when they first came out is no longer alive but I will always love her and consider her to be one of the most healing people in my life and the one who is still walking by my side from above.(I don't blame her at all for the AD consequences since she had no way of knowing). So, just wanted to say that support of a therapist can be a real comfort.

Sheila--your support online amazes me--that you can be so effective in this format, and also your time in responding to so many posts is incredible.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    Sheila--your support online amazes me--that you can be so effective in this format, and also your time in responding to so many posts is incredible.
    100% truth.

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    Elizabeth--I'm not a professional and the combination of w/d and foundational issues is so complex -- but your acute night time symptoms might be PTSD. I truly support your move away from your old shrink. In other posts I have been probably too condemning of shrinks in general. The PhD professional who originally suggested I take AD when they first came out is no longer alive but I will always love her and consider her to be one of the most healing people in my life and the one who is still walking by my side from above.(I don't blame her at all for the AD consequences since she had no way of knowing). So, just wanted to say that support of a therapist can be a real comfort.
    I think it's PTSD too <SOBBING> I know I need to find a therapist who is safe. It's not easy where I live. Small community. Too many loose lips. I am so glad you had someone special in your life like that Annie. Thanks for responding and for caring <SOBBING>
    Benzo free since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    100% truth.
    amen to that.
    Benzo free since 2010

Gosh! That is so nice of you all! You made me feel grrrrrrreat!

annie – You’re absolutely right – w/d neuro disarray interacts with previous traumas in most of us. But, I truly believe that, although this journey is astronomically difficult, it leads to even deeper healing and transformation. So, keep the faith, everyone, the re-wiring you’re going through is purging old hurts. It is serving a purpose.

Elizabeth – You have made tons of progress in the last few weeks in terms of garnering better support for yourself. Just keep asking for guidance on the finding-a-therapist issue and wait a bit. You seem to be on a roll.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ane remember, Elizabeth - when you are going though a crisis, talk to us. It helps.