Thread: Acupressure

Hybrid View

36 is for nausea and leg/knee pain. I don't know exactly where the point is so I massage in a 2 inch area up and down the outer edge of shin bone. there's a slightly tender spot that tells me its the right place. also for nausea: inner wrist, just above wrist crease in the valley between tendons. again, I go up and down an inch or two, just to make sure I get the point.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

for me, acupressure is easier to modulate as a treatment than acupuncture. perhaps because there are no acupuncture protocols in the textbooks for w/d, it's maybe hard for practitioner to adjust. there is certainly a streak of "no pain no gain" philosophy in acupuncture which is not helpful to me at all,ever, let alone in w/d.
    However, if I'm doing acupressure to myself, I get feedback loop, and can modify amount of pressure accordingly. tapping and massaging (sort of scratching like I'm washing my hair) on the crown toward the back and all over the head is the best thing for my brain fog.
    there is another effect of self-massage: it is comforting to the limbic/preverbal system, like patting a baby, and the tips of the fingers also have points that are being treated in the process
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)