Thread: Acupressure

Acupressure

Acupressure (a blend of "acupuncture" and "pressure") is an alternative medicine technique derived from acupuncture. In acupressure physical pressure is applied to acupuncture points by the hand, elbow, or with various devices. (Wikipedia)

We don't know yet if it could be effective in alleviating/speeding up WD as such, though it may potentially help keep our bodies in better shape (an increased blood circulation could be one aspect of it), thus counteract any possible secondary ailments resulting from WD.

Here's one of many websites you can find online; http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/a...sage-treatment

If you tried it in the past, or you're doing acupressure now, please share your experience. Also, your opinions on the subject are very welcome.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I'm trying to post an image showing the acupressure points I use, but I'm not able to upload the file image even if its saved as jpg
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

You clicked on the little tree icon, right? Then, choose url. Then, unclick the box underneath. Then, if you preview it, make sure there are no extra spaces before or after your url.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

or put it on "phobucket" and copy the link , then paste it not in link forum, but in "image" above as Sheila told

36 is for nausea and leg/knee pain. I don't know exactly where the point is so I massage in a 2 inch area up and down the outer edge of shin bone. there's a slightly tender spot that tells me its the right place. also for nausea: inner wrist, just above wrist crease in the valley between tendons. again, I go up and down an inch or two, just to make sure I get the point.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

for me, acupressure is easier to modulate as a treatment than acupuncture. perhaps because there are no acupuncture protocols in the textbooks for w/d, it's maybe hard for practitioner to adjust. there is certainly a streak of "no pain no gain" philosophy in acupuncture which is not helpful to me at all,ever, let alone in w/d.
    However, if I'm doing acupressure to myself, I get feedback loop, and can modify amount of pressure accordingly. tapping and massaging (sort of scratching like I'm washing my hair) on the crown toward the back and all over the head is the best thing for my brain fog.
    there is another effect of self-massage: it is comforting to the limbic/preverbal system, like patting a baby, and the tips of the fingers also have points that are being treated in the process

That is so great that you have discovered these three areas to work on and that you're getting results. Makes me want to try some more self-acupressure again.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

The link below = location of 10 important acupuncture/acupressure points;

http://www.purnarogya.com/general/article.aspx?id=5
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.