Have been on the other support sites for the last year or so. I found this one by researching more about protracted withdrawal and came across Sheila's blog which I found interesting. I also found it interesting that Sheila is a psychologist and also is dealing with withdrawal syndrome. I really hope a CBT program specifically geared toward withdrawal syndrome can be developed. Maybe she can influence her psychologist friends to help create one?

I would also like to explore more of the psi that Sheila talks about and other neurological healing tools. I am a big fan of nutrition and believe its very importan in combincation with other healing modalities.

Well, I was on ad drugs for nearly 8 years and quit in one week after going through an alternative mental health program using IV nutrients, cranial electrical therapy, and neurofeedback. While I was doing fairly well the first few months, protracted wd set in around month 4 and its been up and down since. I couldn't handle the pain so went to an acupuncture clinice and found significant relief using actupuncture and herbs. However this was discontinued after a couple months and my symptoms eventually came back.

So that's where I am now. 1.5 years off and struggling. I use nutrients, diet, exercise, talk therapy, meditation/mindfullness to help me move along, however sometimes I wonder if my issues are indeed wd or something else.