Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tapering Fun (NOT)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Absolutely so. WD affects us from head to toe, and from very inside to the very outside. Oh yes, *bizarre* it is.
    LOL, well, the creepy crawlies have not left. SO annoying. Feeling quite nauseous tonight......think it's time to flake out as they say. I am keeping a dream journal as I am finding my dream life so incredibly freaky right now. I may seem light hearted and joking around about all this misery but I am trying not to let all of this W/D take me down. Inside, I am crying my eyes out and raging at the "establishment". I refuse to give up. I can be very stubborn!
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I refuse to give up. I can be very stubborn!
    Keep it up, Elizabeth!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I said this in the "My Journal" section but I'm now completely off the Trazodone. Not to worry, I won't be touching the Cymbalta until the Spring! Just having crying jags right now. But, got some sad news that has just made them worse. I'll be fine. Life is just so sad sometimes.
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Ah, it's getting dark and paranoia is creeping in. :(

Out! Out! Damn spot!!! W/D, I KNOW what you are doing. Sheesh.
    Sorry, some dark humor seems appropriate. Blech.
    Benzo free since 2010

That's great to have a sense of humor about it, Elizabeth. Also helps you to separate from the feelings, and hold them more at arm's length. In early w/d, I had a very strong sundowning effect -- I felt like something terrible was about to happen as the sun went down. I don't have that at all now.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

[QUOTE=Sheila;11797 In early w/d, I had a very strong sundowning effect -- I felt like something terrible was about to happen as the sun went down. I don't have that at all now.[/QUOTE]

Well, thank goodness there is hope! <thank you> Sorry you had to go thru it though .
    Benzo free since 2010

SPLITTING HEADACHE in the last few days bordering migraine (which I am prone to getting anyway). Stress is making it worse. I feel like I am not making sense at all! Obsessed with the things I have to get done and having to constantly rest when not doing what needs to be done. Feeling like that Paxil flu is coming back on even tho it's the Trazodone flu for me. UGH. Lots of dizzy spells too. My supportive person is getting concerned and I am FREAKED OUT b/c I don't want them telling other family members or I am TOAST. COMPLETELY DONE. Have been able to read on IAWP but just have enough energy right now to post this. I AM having brief windows so have to keep remembering that. My patience with ppl is SO THIN. I feel like I am losing it but I know it's W/D which is why I keep fighting and not taking the stupid med again. OF COURSE this would go away if I took the Traz again. NO WAY. I have come TOO FAR!
    Benzo free since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I AM having brief windows so have to keep remembering that. My patience with ppl is SO THIN. I feel like I am losing it but I know it's W/D which is why I keep fighting and not taking the stupid med again. OF COURSE this would go away if I took the Traz again. NO WAY. I have come TOO FAR!:tickedoff:
    That is very important - there are windows. This will help you a lot.

It's great that you're so motivated to not go back on drugs again, Elizabeth. That is definitely the way to go.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I can totally relate to everything you're going through. Try to do a little less. You are a very diligent person. Do triage, and let a couple of things be postponed by a couple of days. That will help you relax and then you will feel better and be more efficient.

Tell your support person that these episodes are par for the course and not a sign that anything is going wrong. In fact, frame is as healing, for that's what it is. It's just grueling. It's great you're resting. Give your body all the help you can -- extra water, extra breathing, extra relaxation / uplifting media, extra rest.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I am trying to do less and not ruminate as much. I find the ruminating the most EXHAUSTING W/D symptom at times.

My support person is ok. I told them that me crying is actually emotion that has been turned off for years and years from the meds. Yes, I have had to force myself to relax, find humor when I can....as for the uplifting media....funny you should say that b/c I have been reading the newspaper AT NIGHT while lying in bed. Not exactly the happiest stuff to fall asleep to. I also used to drink 2-3 coffees per day so now I am down to one after I first get up and even tho I am craving it, I will not drink a second. It just messes things up.
    Benzo free since 2010