Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapering Fun (NOT)

Good for you, Vanguardist Annie --

IAWP award for flexibility and innovation >>
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Terrible night for me. My head feels like a lead balloon, unbearable nausea and VERY anxious. This too shall pass.
    Absolutely so. That's is how the healing process from ADs looks like. Waves and windows. It does take lots of patience, but you will get there, Elizabeth.

Have you seen this thread yet? It can be very helpful every time you get extremely anxious and ruminative; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...-Neuro-emotion
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Absolutely so. That's is how the healing process from ADs looks like. Waves and windows. It does take lots of patience, but you will get there, Elizabeth.

Have you seen this thread yet? It can be very helpful every time you get extremely anxious and ruminative; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...-Neuro-emotion
    Thanks Luc, I hadn't seen that thread before. I will need to read it tonight as I can feel the anxiety building/ruminations escalating. I made it thru last night so I know I will make it thru tonight but they seem very long esp with the dark coming early b/c it's winter. Thanks reminding me that I'm not alone. Thankful for all of you!!
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Elizabeth -- I'm so sorry you have been involuntarily hospitalized when it was not necessary for your safety. Your current psychiatrist sounds like a very reactive, over-hospitalizing professional. I wish you could find someone else to get your script from. Keep thinking. Maybe you can even work with someone over the phone.

In the meantime, you know what to say and what not to say....Own your power, Elizabeth! You know a lot about what's going on with you, and you're learning more by the day. Trust yourself!

Check here for some more nausea tips --

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ghlight=nausea

Thank you Sheila! I think of the poor unfortunates in the hospital this Christmas Eve and very thankful I am getting better and as you said "owning my power"! I have felt powerless for WAY TOO LONG. Enough is enough. I might have someone in person I can trust. I am feeling my way around carefully tho.
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Elizabeth, wat dd u use to go off ur benzo again? Or wat dd u use for ur benzo withdrawal, I cnt take ths is anymre, I need to use something, I had another psychotic episode, dnt knw hw to describe it, bt I'm seriously concerned for my well being ryt nw. Hw wud u describe the psychotic episodes u had? Were/are they frequent?
    <Put on Urbanol (Benzo-Tranquilizer) 10mg 2-3 weeks with an experience of sleeping aids (Zolpidem ambien,zopiclone,beta-sleep - took them every once in a while) CT - Nov 30-2012. Symptoms : DP/DR,Akithisia,Migraines,Seizures,Brain fog,Dizziness,fatigue,Intrusive thought (worst symptom),Anxiety,Nitemares,GAD,Insane loss of apetite & heart palps>

<It is said, that in death, all becomes clear>.

Quote Originally Posted by dave 23 View Post
    Elizabeth, wat dd u use to go off ur benzo again? Or wat dd u use for ur benzo withdrawal, I cnt take ths is anymre, I need to use something, I had another psychotic episode, dnt knw hw to describe it, bt I'm seriously concerned for my well being ryt nw. Hw wud u describe the psychotic episodes u had? Were/are they frequent?
    Dave, I was put on an anti-seizure med called Depakote because of the danger of having seizures due to W/D. I was then put on Zyprexa for the anxiety which ended up causing hypomania and hallucinations. Zyprexa caused those symptoms and I haven't had them since stopping it 2 years ago. I know it's hell and I wish I could be more helpful. :( You will be ok. It's W/D, I know it sucks big time. Keep fighting.

I have been really sick today....chills, sweats, bowel problems, headache and as the day has worn on, more paranoid. But it's the W/D and I lay curled up on my bed in some sort of in between sleep and concious state after spending time difficult family members. I hid it really well until they left, but now I'm a complete mess and plan on going to bed early as tomorrow we have company (I dread it). Coming of Trazodone is no picnic. These bloody drugs! :(

May I ask what benzos you are coming off of? HANG IN THERE!!!!! You are not alone my friend.
    Benzo free since 2010

Elizabeth -- the more I hear from you, the more I think it's good you're slowing / stopping your taper for the moment. Your body needs to catch up with the changes.

Dave, my friend -- I know this is an out-of-this-world experience, but it's really nothing to be afraid of. Believe me. Many people have been / felt psychotic at some point in w/d. It's scary and alien, but it is not dangerous in and of itself. Try to describe to us more about what happens for you in one of these episodes.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

elizabeth, it is a long road that requires patience, patience,
    I thought I'll never arrive to 0 mg, but each body arrives and you will arrive too
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Exhausting day yesterday with company but a good distraction. Sleep is still an issue but managed to get some so I am not feeling too bad right now. I do what I can in the a.m. before the window of "wellness" closes.

Sheila, I am definitely not going further with the taper for awhile so no worries. The worst part is the flu like symptoms right now and sweating. Today I woke up and my face looks like it has some sort of rash. Very odd. I have sensitive skin as it is. Oh well!

Stan, thanks for reminding me about patience. I keep telling myself but also helps to be told!! Esp from someone who understands. Thank you.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate the people here.
    Benzo free since 2010

Step by step...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.