Thread: Severity of Intrusive thoughts

Severity of Intrusive thoughts

Can anyone relate to having severe disturbances of intusive thoughts that just constantly keep coming at you all day, that you have to talk your self down every minute? How does combat this symptom? And what is it called? Derealization? It has a touch of feeling as though you're disconnected from your self or the world, as tho this isn't real nd ure gna wake up in some ward. Its horror beyond any symptom iv experienced. Closure wud highly appreciated.
    <Put on Urbanol (Benzo-Tranquilizer) 10mg 2-3 weeks with an experience of sleeping aids (Zolpidem ambien,zopiclone,beta-sleep - took them every once in a while) CT - Nov 30-2012. Symptoms : DP/DR,Akithisia,Migraines,Seizures,Brain fog,Dizziness,fatigue,Intrusive thought (worst symptom),Anxiety,Nitemares,GAD,Insane loss of apetite & heart palps>

<It is said, that in death, all becomes clear>.

Yes, it can get very very painful. It's ruminations/intrusive thoughts, and if it takes more physical form, like the compulsion to repeat certain actions, it's OCD. It's caused by WD and the way you do it now - talking to yourself (rationalizing it, calming yourself) is a good option. It will be getting better as time passes. It's really important that you don't blame yourself for them - it's one of the most common WD symptoms.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Its horrible... That together with derealization is complete horror.
    <Put on Urbanol (Benzo-Tranquilizer) 10mg 2-3 weeks with an experience of sleeping aids (Zolpidem ambien,zopiclone,beta-sleep - took them every once in a while) CT - Nov 30-2012. Symptoms : DP/DR,Akithisia,Migraines,Seizures,Brain fog,Dizziness,fatigue,Intrusive thought (worst symptom),Anxiety,Nitemares,GAD,Insane loss of apetite & heart palps>

Dave -- this is a classic, horrible symptom. What I found helped the most was either distraction (reading a novel) or talking to myself constantly, out loud, reassuringly, the way you would talk to an intelligent 10-year-old. It gets better, and then it comes to an end.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Have yours come to an end sheila ?

Dave -- I occasionally get these intrusive thoughts now, when falling asleep. But very rarely. It used to be all day every day.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Its only nw tht m getn to experience the true hell of benzo ct, I feel lik iv lost all functions of the brain. Its unforgiving torture from the minute I open my eyes till I close them. I sometimes think this isn't withdrawal. But other explanation is there. This is the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. Ths torture never gvs me a chance to rest. Wish it cud all end. #sigh. If only I knew bwt tapering, if only my doctor warned me abt the dangers or atlst tapered wth me.

It *is* WD, Dave. It *is* WD. It's rough, crazy stuff, but it always gets better.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Dave, I feel your pain. What you are experiencing is the same thing that happend to me when I W/D from benzos. You WILL be ok. YOU WILL! At the beginning of this thread you mentioned intrusive thoughts. I have those all the time right now coming off of Trazodone but see it for what it is and that is withdrawal. It's very hard when you are experiencing it and I am by no means downplaying your pain. I am so sorry that you are suffering too.

Are you keeping yourself hydrated? I am finding it hard to eat and drink but we must do it in order to cope with this. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Hang in there. We are with people who understand. Thank you everyone.
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy