Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Itching

My husband has itching psoriosis and reckons it gets worse when he increases his suga intake. He already eats a lot of sugar (compared to me).

I'm sure taking the AD is related to my food issues because it messed up my GI (even the lying drug co. that lied about so much else, admitted AD effect on GI early on).
    3 years ago, I got blood test, and was allergic to egg whites, gluten. So removing those two was very significant. But I also found out I had candida—a yeast overgrowth. The anti-candida diet was very restrictive: eliminated many categories of food: all fructose, yeast, fermented products like wine, cured, aged or mold based products like cheese (fungus).
    The key is to eat a low glycemic (low sugar) diet. For me, green apples were okay, while red were not.
    I think about the candida related itching I had as like a beer or wine making factory in my gut: the food I ate was turning into a yeasty bubbling brew, bubbling away like fermenting grapes.
    Without trying, I lost lots of weight on the anti-candida diet, without limiting fat (one of the few food categories allowed that improved flavor) . Only certain fats: olive oil, filberts, garbanzos.
    I have some issues with peanuts. Not a life threatening allergy, but peanuts are susceptible to mold. Like Luc said, certain food sensitivities don’t show up immediately – delay in symptoms.
    Evidently we can thank Big Agra for the steep rise in wheat allergies—for their mucking about with wheat structure. This is the irony of greed killing the golden goose. Soon there will be nobody left who can tolerate their GM wheat.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Low-carb diet works. I can testify to it. After I had started taking ADs many years ago, my weight went up by 55 pounds. I couldn't lower it no matter what I did - limiting food intake/limiting fats intake, exercise, all of it. The drugs made it impossible - my metabolism was totally out of whack. Then I came across the low-carb diet... In about 7-8 months I went down 55-60 pounds... all that while being STILL on ADs, and NEVER being hungry... The same happened to everyone I know personally.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I'm planning on starting a protein drink/smoothy. Food protein seems to be the best way to get amino acids and I'll put in some vit c powder and maybe some other nutrients like calcium,spirulina... . easier than taking a bunch of capsules. Isn't it funny how food ends up being where we're supposed to get our life energy?
    Luc--my anti-candida diet is like a low carb diet. The key was the type of carbs. I could eat yams and squash. the glycemic index is strange: white carbs (bread, rice and potatos) create more blood sugar spike than a piece of hard candy. All food other than protein acts as carbs in body, so my diet was oriented to slow and steady carbs rather than sharp spikes.
    Sorry to be a stuck record, but optimal diet seems to vary for each person.((even the Dali lama eats meat).
    Carrots and yams are high glycemic carbs, but they are manna from heaven for me. let's face it--no matter what diet-du-jour silver bullet is published, a carrot is still better than a twinkie.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Oh yes, the glycemic index is very revealing. And very surprising too, when you see it for the first time.

Stan, I'm 100% sure that it is also worsened by the dry air of this time of the year (central-heating, radiators, etc.) On top of WD, of course.

i put very low radiator, more clothes, and it is raining outdoor; itching head, then arms, the better, then arms, right shoulder
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish