Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Withdrawal Hell (Seizure Attack)

Withdrawal Hell (Seizure Attack)

Had a seizure last nite , got reinstated on Urbanol 10mg, only took one so far. My headaches are unbearable, I get extremely cold and I shake, can't think straight and my memory is totally done for, my anxiety is sky high can't even walk to the kitchen, I'm afraid this could lead to me being brain dead. Could ths lead to death? I only took one Urbonal so far, my doctor wants me to take both Urbanol and Serdep50mg. What do I do guys? I'm so confused nd I jst dnt want hv cause permanent damage to my brain or end up dead.

Hi dave,
    i had a seizure in 2009 due to a benzo cold turkey and i'm still alive.
    i know how the anxiety is after a seizure, did you cold turkey your meds ?
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

i think the seizure isn't due to Ubranol reinstatement, when did you stop taking it ?
    what the meds you use to take ?
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Dave, tell us more - did you lose consciousness during the seizure? You ended up on ER? You had this seizure *before* you reinstated Urbanol, or *after* it? The whole problem is that it's the drugs that can cause seizures in the first place. I know how scary it can get, but just hang in there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I had a seizure then took just one Urbanol pill, jst as iv stated above, that's all. I then saw my psychiatrist, he has given me Valdoxane 25mg and pur blocka 40mg, I have'nt took a single pill yet, I'm still very uncertain of the meds. Shud I switch to these? Or continue in withdrawal pain? The seizure I had was not from re_instating, I wasn't taking anything for two weeks now, iv been CT of Urbanol which I had took for less than two weeks, jst imagine, I ddnt even take tht stuff for long! Its been two weeks clean from any meds then yesterday I had the seizure, shaked for 15min or 30, took the Urbanol then calmed down, nd slept till the morning. Wats the best option nw?

it is clear that the seizure is due to your Urbanol CT, can you pls tell me how long you took Urbanol ?
    in my opignon, you have 2 choices :
    1- reinstate a small dose of Urbanol, stabilise, and taper slowly ( 10% method )
    2- continue your CT, but no one will tell you how long it take
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

and pls, don't take Serdep50mg, it's an SSRI
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

A friend of mine c/t off seroxat and had so many seizures and the doctors wanted her to take pills for this but she refused, now she is 90% better from the withdrawal and never has a seizure. The 10% not better is her eyesight.

I think the seizures are electrical currents in the brain and probably similar to the zaps we all get, but not too sure on this.

poodlebell

important link concerning Benzo's in COUNCIL OF EUROPE :

https://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?Ref=...rLogged=FDC864
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Quote Originally Posted by poodlebell View Post

I think the seizures are electrical currents in the brain and probably similar to the zaps we all get, but not too sure on this.

poodlebell
    the seizures in our case are the cause of the rush of GABA, The activity of GABA( neurotransmiter) was inhibited by the Benzo ( or another CNS drug ), and when a person CT the benzo? GABA are oversimulated, and also, don't forget thet most of BENZO's are anticonvulsants, so when you stop taking them, the convulsions and spasmodic states are here
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling