Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: severe co-ordination problem

severe co-ordination problem

I'm having trouble thinking clearly, constructn sentences, reading and my whole body feels strange (akithisia) ... the thnkn process is rli severe. Nd it feels lik ama have a seizure... How long does this last? Might this be psychosis? Its early stages? What's happenin wth me... Shud I go see a doctor? Shud I re-instate? I feel lik I'm abt to lose it... Cud sum1 explain ths to me, wat symptom is ths? If nt psychosis

the very last thing you should do in reinstate, it will make things alot worse, how long it lasts? well we dont know but you have to get through this bot first, every single strange and horrific feeling you are having is as a result of the drugs, try to ride it out, I know how hard it is, it can certainly feel like psychosis but its not the start of a psycotic illness, it is derealisation and depresonalisation, look them up to see what they entail.

The advice of Charie G who was one of the first to have this kind of reaction was to let go of the EGO - Of the sense of who you are and just exist and survive for now until this part passes, do not see a dr if you can avoid it, they will drug you up and make things worse, do you live alone Dave? how old are you? do you have someone to care for you
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Hope ure sure. Cnt go on lik this, it seems as tho m getn worse. I live alone bt m currently wth family. Hw often does this dp/dr last? Nd ths akithisia. I seriously cnt go on. Two more days of these severe symptoms nd m gna consider professional advice/help. Wats the point in sittn all day feeling this? Riding it out wen it seems to be getting worse? Rnt there meds tht cn lessen the symptoms? #tired of ths bullsh#t

I understand Dave, and of course you need to go with what you feel is right but I can tell you that whatever the drs try to do will most likely make you alot worse than you are now, its not a surprise that things are getting worse, it could be a couple of months and it will all be over for you, what country are you in? there are people who understand but they are few and far between. I would say, and this is a guess but given your reaction you should be feeling alot better by 9 months, it seems to be a turning point for many, most people who have an adverse reaction are healed by 18 months. If you take more drugs, you make things worse and then you could be looking at a much longer time.

I am a mother and wife and in the same position as you, its hell, pure hell, but its not forever. you need to hang onto that...here is a link about a negative reaction that you may find helpful, give it a read and let your family read it too...

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/reaction.htm
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

ah, I see you are in SA, I dont know any drs who understand w/d there.

But iv only been on thoz meds less then a month, hw cn it take 9months ? Thts bad, my psychologist said it shud take two weeks the most, iv only went on these meds for less than a week or a week the most. Shudn my withdrawal duration be less? Bt thanks for ur support, thnx a lot. Today is the worst of all days. I can barely do anything and if there's wors than this then m rli screwed.

it could well be Dave, but the fact is, you had an adverse reaction, and the drs know NOTHING about it. I dont think things will get any worse than they are now, but improvements happen very slowly with this kind of injury, you have injured your central nervous system and the brain is in chaos, all the things you are feeling is the brain trying to return to its normal state, im so sorry that it doesnt happen quicker, I wish it did, but be assured that you will recover from this, you will heal.

No one can say how long it will take but I think 9 months is a fair estimate in your situation, but it wont be like it is now for all that time, sometimes you may feel better and then get worse again, the healing happens in waves like that, but this acute phase will end and you will be able to function better.

Here is a story similat to yours that you may find interesting

http://www.depressionforums.org/foru...ll-recovering/

read this thread and also make sure you read the other link I sent you, I know how hard it is to get your head around this and the timeframe for recovery, I have been suffering for 5 months now after an adverse reaction and I havent come of the drug yet as I am tapering off, my recovery will not begin until the end of March, then I have a few years more of this to look forward to.

The most important thing Dave is that you are not alone, we are all here and trust me we know alot more about this than any dr who could see.

Why did you start on these meds Dave? and what is your full med history??

Dave – we really don’t know how to predict anyone’s recovery. You could be significantly better in two weeks. But, for absolute sure, you will fully recover.

On the really bad days, it’s best not to try to make decisions or prognosticate. Try to find a movie, book, music, friend, park that make you feel a tiny bit calmer and just focus on that. Your body is healing itself right now. Sometimes, you just have to wait.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Well thanks for the links iggy, the've been a great of help. My full med history is : iv been put on Urbanol (benzo-tranquilizer) for less than a month. I dnt knw if I had an adverse reaction to it but I had major migraines tht I even ended up being hospitalised for two weeks, being treated with anti-biotics, went thru a cat-scan(brain scan), nothing was found wrng wth my brain at all, x-ray scans showed a nasal infection, but enuf to give me the severe headaches I had, still nt certain whr they came frm. Months before this occurance, I was perfectly fine, I'd take a few sleeping pills from time to time (over the counter), called "beta-sleep" , they harmless , I say so cz I'd take them evry once in a while, I cud go months wthout taking them wthout having any side effects of any withdrawal whatsoever. So perhaps the withdrawal is due to the Urbanol the doctor gave, she insistd tht I take it nd tht its absolutely safe, and I trusted her, she's been our family gp since I was a teenager, hw cud I nt trust her. So basicli I hav less than a month taking Urbanol. Bt the severity of my symptoms are like that of a person who has been put on ADs for years. Today isn't so but, its stil early hours, the turn usual occures after mid day, that's when hell begins. I appreciate all your help. Wish you a speedy recovery.