Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dave 23's journal.

I wouldn't take anything too strong. Just the over-the-counter drugs, and with moderation. In my case it's Paracetamol, but it's just one of the possibilities since our bodies react in different ways.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Dave, we're thinking of you. You are absolutely going to be OK. I know it feels like you've been dropped on your head on another planet. All the weirdness will fade, and then be gone.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

the first periods are always hard, but nothing stays linear, so your headaches will diminish, and unfortunately come back, but with less intensity
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Dave -- You're going through an extraordinary time right now. Not only having a lot of intense symptoms, but also having your eyes opened to a whole lot of shocking truths about doctors and medicine and health care. You're learning by leaps and bounds.

It won't stay like this. This is a crisis period with lots of adjustment. You are healing every minute. And you will integrate all the new knowledge that is being thrown at you.

You are going to be stronger, wiser, smarter, and healthier *because* you went through this. You'll know how to keep yourself safer in the future. You'll be able to help others. Lots of good will come out of this. Just hang on, and keep letting us know what you need.

Sending lots of healing and protective energy!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Combating The Struggle

So... Here I am, 3 months later. I had hoped that all this would be over. But instead, new symptoms developed that just changed the way viewed withdrawal. The amount of hell one can go through from these mind altering drugs is unimaginable. I live my days going to the gym, talking with close friends only, and fight with family members, I'd attribute that to my withdrawal since my rage/anger tends to be extremely irrational, and I have no idea what to do about it.

My symptoms currently:

1.Headpressure (mild)
    2.Fatigue (severe)
    3.Memory loss (severe)
    4.Cognitive impairment (severe)
    5.GI issues (mild)
    6.Appetite (returned to normal)
    7.Anhedonia (severe)
    8.DP/DR (severe)

All together these symptoms change in their severity, sometimes they very mild but The mental symptoms never really let up.

I'm led to believe this is who we will always be. But hope for better days is still within me. I'm struggling everyday, and iv lost strength to vent/complain of my pains. Iv lost numerous things that matter dearly to me.

But.... The battle for survival continues ... Everyday... One day at a time...

Dave 23
    <Put on Urbanol (Benzo-Tranquilizer) 10mg 2-3 weeks with an experience of sleeping aids (Zolpidem ambien,zopiclone,beta-sleep - took them every once in a while) CT - Nov 30-2012. Symptoms : DP/DR,Akithisia,Migraines,Seizures,Brain fog,Dizziness,fatigue,Intrusive thought (worst symptom),Anxiety,Nitemares,GAD,Insane loss of apetite & heart palps>

<It is said, that in death, all becomes clear>.

Hey, Dave. I have moved your post to your journal - this way we will be able to follow your progress better. Good to see you and thanks for the update. Yes, WD is an absurd experience - absurdly painful and absurdly illogical. The new symptoms may appear well into WD, plus, the old ones morph into new constellations. But, as counter-intuitive it may feel, your body has already done lots of healing. At some point, you will start to experience considerable improvement. Have you experienced any windows recently?

Yes, WD wants you to think it will be like this forever, but you will be improving. Just hang in there and keep up the great fight.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Good to see you, Dave. You’re doing a *great* job surviving. Even though the symptoms are awful, intense, and bizarre, you really will get better and eventually this will all be behind you.

The exercising is an excellent thing to do for rage. If you feel like you’re in an unconstructive rage with someone, just say you need to take a time out and go exercise. Even a 15 minute break in the argument can make a huge difference.

-- Holger Kalweit

your symptomes are classic, more time is needed, patience, patience
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish