Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dave 23's journal.

dave 23's journal.

Put on Urbanol 10mg and Serdep50mg for less than a month, days to be exact. Suffering from severe anxiety and WDs. Still fighting the withdrawal... Waitin for recovery... Glad to have found this forum.

That is a very good thing you started the journal, Dave. This way you will be able to see your improvement as it goes The very good news is that having spent so short on those drugs, you may be expecting it sooner than later. Your entire body is working very hard now to heal itself.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Welcome, again, Dave! We’re glad to have you here. I’m so sorry you’re having the severe anxiety. It’s a miserable symptom. But, it will be getting better and better.

Do you do any kind of breathing exercise or relaxation exercise?

Can you tell us why you decided to try the meds in the first place?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

seem you developped an adverse reaction(if you don't have taken any meds before)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I never had a reason to take the med, they gave me the med while I was in hospital. I got admitd due to severe migraines, nd I had anxiety nd a few panick attacks. So the doc suggestd Urbanol 10mg three tymz a day to calm me, she said its absolutely safe,so I blvd her. B4 I had got to hospital, I had alil history wth "beta-sleep" over ther counter sleeping pills, bt thoz I cud go months wthout taking and never suffer from any effects, ddnt take much of them, I'd take them twice a week, and then, after two months maybe I'd take them if I felt like it. The prblm began one morning when I had a severe panick attack that led to a neck spasm and me ending up in hospital. I dnt knw wat the real cause was for tht, doctor/psychologist says its depression. I was a lot better then than hw I feel now tho. By then the headaches weren't severe, till they did, then went back to hospital, they found a nasal infection and I was put on antibiotics for a week and a half, during this time that's wen the doc put me on Urbanol 10mg with serdep 50mg. That seems to have made things worse for me, I'd reject the pills after I had took them for 3/4days CT since then. So I'm nt rli sure wat led to my adverse reaction. All I know is that when I add all my pill intakes, they are a month or less. So I m nt rli sure wats goin on nd hw bad thngs are... But my psychologist said that within two weeks I shud be fine or better, if not, then I shud consider reinstating ,tapering the doses with him. Dnt knw if I shud consider tht, nd wat scares me is tht his son, who was put on ADs at the age of twelve, with very high doses is nw diagnosed with psychosis...felt horrible when he told me that...nd had I feeling of distrust...

What is needed now, Dave, is time. That is the best healer. Doctors know very little about WD, or are in denial. What they will always say is that you need "take", "reinstate" the drugs, or "up their dose". And it looks like the psychologists's son's state may well be linked to his taking drugs.

So I shud carry on with the CT and not reinstate and taper?

Quote Originally Posted by dave 23 View Post
    So I shud carry on with the CT and not reinstate and taper?
    If you had an adverse reaction (and it seems that's the case), reinstating the drugs would destibilize your system only further. Your body, as you wrote, was rejecting them after 3/4 days.

Dave – If I were you, I would consider myself lucky! You found out early that these meds cause people harm. You have taken very little of them, and you will fully recover promptly.

The doctor’s suggestion that you taper doesn’t make any sense to me, since you only took the meds for 3-4 days. Tapering is to help people who have become dependent on the drugs.

OK, I couldn’t follow what came when, but it sounds like you have had some nasal infection, migraines / headaches, and some panic / anxiety. How long have you had migraines / bad headaches? And how long have you had panic / anxiety?

JSYK, many antibiotics cause anxiety and other neurological symptoms. So, that could be contributing to your current state, but you will heal from that too.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

What headache pills wud u recommend during withdrawal? Cnt take ths pain , the headaches r jst too severe.