Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fun, humor, play

Lol, annie. Just picturing the scene as you describe it, without even having seen the movie....I think this might be a little snapshot of how w/d makes one feel....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Charlie Chaplin eating corn hands free so he doesn't have to take a lunch break from the assembly line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWKJWanHh40
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

good one!

Nice one, Annie! Curiously, I was re-watching this scene a week ago (the last time before it, I had watched it when I was a kid). Classic.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

That’s an incredibly synchro, Luc. What a smile, annie. Love the music!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

goodnewsnetwork.org
    Daily Mail
    3 Feb 13

Crow's feet – often regarded as an unwelcome sign of ageing – could actually be something to smile about.

People are judged more attractive and more intelligent if their eyes wrinkle around the corners when they smile, research shows.

Psychologists asked a group of men and women about their impressions of a set of photographs showing people smiling.

When crow’s feet were present in the faces on photographs, the people were thought to be more intelligent and more attractive.

-- Holger Kalweit

Nice one!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Question re. humor.
    Now, in the U.S. comedians get away with saying stuff that is generally considered inappropriate.
    As a result, something that is a laugh riot to one person is offensive to another.
    For instance, I just heard Chris Rock do a routine and I was LOL -- if you know him, he's pretty outrageous.
    I wonder if I posted it, if I should but a rating on it (warning: stereotyping of Texans.)
    Actually, thinking of the international ambiance here, he might not be offensive because not knowing the subtle insanity of race relations in america, it might be hard to get--and this is where Rock really shines!
    Humor is always hard to translate . . .
    Last edited by Chris; 03-05-2013 at 02:23 AM.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Well, you know we don’t like to make anything off limits, but, we feel that race is such a wounded place in our world right now, that it’s generally not a good idea to make race-related jokes in public. You have to really know the person well who you’re joking with.

I think you feel so at home here at IAWP and do know some of us well enough, that it feels natural. But, we have to remember that we are, in fact, in the agora and anyone could drop by and be hurt in some way by a race joke, because they don’t know you well enough to know that you wouldn’t seriously devalue anyone even if you were teasing or challenging them in some way. And we aim to make all people feel included, especially while they’re going through the hardships of w/d.

-- Holger Kalweit