Mike--I whole heartedly agree. It is more than frustrating to see that skeptical response sitting across the room. Since the SSRI and the w/d experience became such a big part of my experience, when they have that automatic skepticism, they are denying my experience in such a fundamental way that there really is no getting past that. Whatever deep assumptions they hold that cause them to dismiss out of hand my experience with SSRI w/d --(they effectively must deny my existence in order to hold fast to their world view.)What I have come to realize is the assumptions they hold that lead them to deny the w/d experience are so profound that their lives would be turned inside out if they were to be questioned.
On the other hand, there are those in a different category who do believe you but they still don't understand.
I was talking to a therapist recently who was very sympathetic and willing to help, but I realized that she was assuming that the w/d emotions I was talking about were exactly the same as any other difficult feelings, and this is simply not the case--like you said--she just had no context to understand what I was talking about.