Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: General diet/Supplements

Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

i had my histamine levels checked and were ok. I am on the GAPS/Paleo diet to improve gut health so eat LOTS of probiotic/fermented foods like raw kefir, homemade sauerkraut, kombucha, cultured cream, etc which are all real, natural, nourishing foods. I must point out, that excess histamine can be related to gut flora imbalances because there are certain pathogenic organisms that produce histamine. So, correcting the gut, healing it, and sealing it will level out the histamine in some cases. If one has high histamine, one must ask why...it may not just be related to foods.
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

I hear you bruno, everyone is so different, my guess at this point is that it all depends on where the demylination has taken place...if the Histamin release or receptor sites have been demylinated then we have a problem with histamine, if not, we done etc, but at this point I am going to try ANYTHING to find relief.

tomorrow on the menu is...

water only (I will allow 1 decaf in the morning and 1 hot milk in the evening but no fruit jiuces)

lunch (never have breckie)

2 rice cakes with butter (bland as f*** but hey ho!)

Dinner

brown rice
    broccoli
    those lentil things I posted the reciepe for

1 apple
    1 pear

ohh, doesnt it make your mouth water NOT!!

But I have decided I am going to have a good quality steak from the local prize winning butchers once per week, as good source of B12 etc, with a nice baked potato and some salad

so thats one day!

I can see this not lasting very long to be honest, but if I can avoid some of the higher histamine foods it could help

I would love a histamine test, may I ask how you had yours checked and where? its not done via bloods is it?
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thanks for the info, Iggy, we’re deciding where we want this to be placed.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

what is the NAC suppliment? I have read things about it but is it known by another name?

Ok, so we put your Low Histamine diet in here, Iggy. There are many diets which people suffering from WD may find helpful; low carb, gluten free, paleo, raw, Mediterranean, vegetarian, and so on. By reading this thread, they will be able to choose, compare (and discuss with others) which diet they like most.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Article on Regeneration and Healing

Please note, for some reason I am unable to post in the Alternatives section (tried to email you Luc, box is full) so I will post here. http://wakeup-world.com/2012/06/08/s...ugh-nutrition/
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

Thanks for posting this bruno

I spoke with micheal lewis breifly from the omega 3 brain health thing, and he mentioned curcumin to me, here is what he said

I am not aware of arginine being helpful with remyelination, however,
    it is well known to be important in the recovery of brain health.
    There are several other things that may be of help that you should
    research - such as magnesium orotate, curcumin, and B vitamins. Most
    important, though, are the long chain omega-3s, EPA and DHA, that you
    get from fish oil. I publish two different protocols on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno2006 View Post
    Please note, for some reason I am unable to post in the Alternatives section (tried to email you Luc, box is full) so I will post here. http://wakeup-world.com/2012/06/08/s...ugh-nutrition/
    there was an error in permission, it is solved
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Good stuff, guys!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit