Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: General diet/Supplements

General diet/Supplements

We all know how extremely sensitive to many types of foods, supplements and vitamins we can get in WD, and how important it is to be able to figure out which types of food are to be avoided in that state.

Conversely, there are those types of foods and supplements you may have found helpful in WD. Two of the supplements that have proved quite safe for many people are omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium. In general, both have turned out to be also very effective in treating not only depression, but also a bipolar disorder in people not suffering from WD. We dedicated a seperate thread in which you can share your experience with Omega-3.

Please, tell us which foods/supplements you consider to be good/bad for you. The more data we are able to collect, the more effective ways will be possible to establish for treating the withdrawal syndrome.
    Last edited by Luc; 11-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Probiotics are neurologically beneficial

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...lly-beneficial
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Charlie G states that to aid healing we need to alkalinise our body as it makes the body more able to heal...

We do not recommend to expose your body to synthetic chemicals whilst experiencing more or less severe hypersensitivity of the nervous system. We rather recommend to get your essential elements from preferably organic low acid food. Low acidic foods have a high pH value which is ALKALINE or BASIC! You need to 'alkalinize' your system (body) above a pH value of '7' !

Eat enough fruit and vegetables in a variable alkalinizing balanced diet, and drink lots of water. For instance tomatoes, bananas, kiwi's, broccoli, aloe vera, carrots, cabbage, beans, cucumbers, etc., are a very rich source of essential minerals, vitamins and amino acids. Do not take 5-HTP to create more serotonin in your brain. By simply leaving your serotonergic neural system alone, you will assist it the most to find it's own natural balance again. Unfortunately this will take some time.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    and drink lots of water.
    This one is very important. When our minds are pre-occupied with the symptoms, it's easy to not pay attention to the insufficient amount of water we drink.

Curcumin Could Preserve Walking Ability Among Spinal Cord Injury Patients

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...njury-Patients

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i take every day curcuma, hope it is good for my body!...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Has anyone tried DEPLIN? Im reading that it is really helping people?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Magnesium and potassium are very good for calming the nervous system.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

As for ingredients that has caused me a *severe* worsening of symptoms, these have always been carbs and caffeine. I'll think of more.

Iggy – Apparently, Deplin is the B vitamin folate in prescription. I don’t know anything about folate. Some people in w/d are made anxious by B vitamins, but I’m not sure which ones. But I don’t see any reason to pay for a prescription version of a vitamin.

-- Holger Kalweit