Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Exercise

The Five Tibetan Rites: Powerful Mind Body Healing Adds ’10 Years to Life Span’

Well, I'm not so sure about this "10 years" thing, but it's always good to strive for variety here and there in your exercises. The article links to the description of the exercises - I would be very careful about Exercise Movement #2 - this type of movement puts tremendous pressure on your spine, especially in people who have experienced problems with their back (slipped discs, etc.) If anything, it's better to avoid doing this exercise, or bend your knees when doing it.

A well-known medicine hunter, author, educator, and world-traveler researching and promoting plant-based medicines, Chris Kilham says that that a daily five minute practice of the Five Tibetans will result in adding an entire decade to your life span. The exercises are done repetitiously on an increasing gradient toward the goal of 20 or 21 repetitions of each exercise at a comfortable pace.

A Brief History

According to legend, the Five Tibetans originated form Tibetan Llamas around 2,500 years ago. Anti-aging expert Ellen Wood stresses the importance of doing the 5 Tibetans very slowly for maximum longevity results.

They were part of secret practices handed down from generation to generation to a select few or the initiated. The Tibetan monasteries guarded the practices as they were considered a part of the pathway to higher levels of consciousness.

Longevity and the restoration of youthfulness are “side effects” that get the attention of most westerners.

Esoteric Benefits

In the 1930’s, American Author Peter Kelder shared the secret of the Five Tibetans with the West. He explained that the true value of the exercises transcended the physical realm.

In his book, The Eye of Revelation, later released as The Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth, he states:

“I would like to make it clearly understood that these are not physical culture exercises at all. They are only performed a few times a day; so few times that they could not possibly be of any value as physical culture movements.” Peter Kelder continued, “What the Rites actually do is this: They start the seven Vortexes spinning at a normal rate of speed; at the speed which is normal for, say, a young, robust, strong, virile person of twenty-five years of age.”

These vortexes of energy, known as chakras, or wheels of energy, have been mapped out in yogic literature for thousands of years.

These energy centers are the primary energetic interface between the individual and the larger universe. It is believed in esoteric circles that when these energy centers are functioning properly, health and spiritual evolution will result.

The exercises are comprehensive and dynamic; they positively enhance and restore the body, mind including emotions and the spirit or soul. Esoterically, the exercises activate and tone the seven major energy vortexes in what yoga calls the subtle body.

Physical Health Benefits

Similar to how Chinese based Qi-gong (Chi-gong) and tai-chi work, these routines restore energy. Western aerobic calisthenics expend energy without restoration. These simple exercises enhance overall strength, balance, energy, metabolism, digestion, brain and nervous system, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems, and overall health.

Some Exercise Details

In a segment with Doctor Oz, Kilham starts out doing 1 to 5 repetitions for each exercise. It’s advisable to always pay attention to your body in order to avoid injury. Never force your body to continue the exercises if your body is signaling pain. Some slight soreness or minor discomfort is expected, but beyond that is a danger zone that can lead to injury.

The advised best times to practice are sunrise or sunset, but anytime is better than never. Be sure to use a carpeted area, yoga mat, towel, or throw rug to ease the discomfort of the body moving against a hard surface.

The room should be well ventilated. Choose a quiet area where you are not distracted by others and can easily concentrate. A specific breathing pattern is included along with a detailed moving graphic and text explanation of the exercises here.

http://www.lifeevents.org/5-tibetans...-exercises.htm
    Last edited by Luc; 07-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I signed up to a gym for a few months. I did an 60 minutes of intense exercise 2-3 times a week. The only problem being that on my days off my hubby works so I have no child care so I was going after work. I saw improvements in my physical stamina and muscle tone in about 4 sessions. The problem I had was that as soon as I began to see an improvement I got run down with viruses. I would manage about 10-14 days then get ill, have a week off to recover, get back into it for a couple of weeks then ill again and so on and so on.
    When I felt well I felt really good physically. I found it too tiring to go after work and so I have stopped going and cancelled my membership. It's a shame I think I could really tone up and improve my stamina over time but I got fed up of getting run down.
    Also being over tired made me more grumpy.
    As for effect on w/d perhaps the continuous viruses were a sign of my body being unable to tolerate the exercise or maybe it was just me picking up the germs through being in such a public place using machines that have been in contact with goodness knows how many people. Think of all those people going to the gym to 'sweat out' there colds! YUCK!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

It sounds like, in w/d, your system was already too taxed. So, the physical exercise depleted you too much. The solution would be to compromise and do less exercise, or…….go up on your Vit. C! ;)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I walked for 15 minutes today, up a hill or two, and was out of breath and dizzy. :(
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by theelt712 View Post
    I walked for 15 minutes today, up a hill or two, and was out of breath and dizzy. :(
    anxiety as soon as exercise, i had it very strong, today less strong
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Yes, upping the volume of exercises slowly will help a lot, Hermi.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.