Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My association for disabled vietnamese children

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar

My association for disabled vietnamese children

For a long time I find a hope and a strength by helping the others, especially special needs children.
    4 years ago I decided to sponsor a little vietnamese disabled boy who was abandoned since birth:his name was Nguyen Xuan Minh and he lived in Tu Du hospital (Ho Chi Minh City) with many other disabled kids.
    Xuan Minh had Crouzon syndrome and he needed surgeries .I found a wonderful foundation in the USA called "World craniofacial foundation" and asked if they could do something for Xuan Minh.The medical team decided that he will have surgeries in Taiwan.These surgeries were highly risky but he underwent them without major problems.Unhappily, he died one week later because of a brain problem.This little boy had no family.I was the only person who took care of him.

A few months ago I met a franco-vietnamese lady who wanted to help the children of Tu Du and we decided to create an association which was named "Les Amis de Xuan Minh" ("Xuan Minh's friends") in memory of the little boy.
    This is the website:Warning:some photos of the children can be disturbing:
    http://www.collierdeperle.com/laxm.htm
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Xuan Minh was lucky to have you and you were lucky to have him. Thank you for sharing his story and photo with us. And thank you for the love and generosity and effort you gave to him. As our member Paul has said to me – that love goes out and shapes the very universe, even now. We all benefit from the love you shared.

I’m very sorry for your loss of him. I believe he still exists and that your connection to each other continues.

Thank you very much, also, for writing here in “Start-ups” about your brand new association "Les Amis de Xuan Minh." This is fantastic. This is exactly what I am hoping for for everyone recovering from w/d – that we each find the project(s) that make us want to get up in the morning. I’m so glad that helping Xuan Minh has given you hope and strength, and I hope your power and health and joy increase even more with your new foundation.

The website looks great! You are so amazing, Cosette! Brava!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i am proud to have known you, Cosette, you are exceptional!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Oh Cosette.......

what a beautitul postiive contribution you are making to this world! Sheila has expressed things so well and I very much agree with her. I too am so sorry for your loss.

Bless you for being such a loving light to so many young lives.

Samsara

Cosette, you're one of a kind... Really... And it's thanks to YOU and the similarly thinking that the world is changing. For BETTER. And it will keep doing so.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

That is so beautiful. These children need the same thing every one else does - to love and be loved. I know, I have a son with autism. How wonderful to reach out the way you have. The world needs more people like you.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

What is the latest news on your association, Françoise?

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

This is the official website now:
    www.lesamisdexuanminh.org
    My treasurer went to Vietnam in january and she met the children of the Tu Du 's Peace Village :
    http://lesamisdexuanminh.org/visite_...nvier_2012.htm

We have established a partnership with a wonderful american organization called "Helping Orphans Worldwide" (HOW) and we are trying to raise funds for these 2 children who are severely affected by epidermolysis bullosis and need very expansive treatment (About 280 dollar /month):
    http://lesamisdexuanminh.org/how_eb.htm

The website of HOW:
    http://helpinghow.com/

And we have too a partnership with the VAVA (Vietnamese Association of Agent Orange Victims) in Vietnam to help disabled children in their families.
    This video shows the young boy I personaly sponsor:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM_w0ZBtxps

My son will travel to Vietnam in next september and he will visit the family as well as the children in the hospital. I planned to travel with him but I still have too much W/D problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosette123 View Post
    My son will travel to Vietnam in next september and he will visit the family as well as the children in the hospital. I planned to travel with him but I still have too much W/D problems.
    You're doing incredible things, Francoise. And I have no doubt that once you've healed, you'll be able to visit them. And more than once!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks Luc! I hope too!