Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: akathisia standing

but people want not play with me,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Stan -- I think it's one of those computer games with "Levels." You're only at Level 2 now, which is mostly about killing bots and spammers, with only a few other players. Soon, you will progress through the Levels -- there will be more players, more allies, more magic objects, more ammunition, new puzzles.....

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Not much people will understand apart from us both, my dear Sheila! :th_not-tagged-smile
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

i found this artikle, i suffer exactly from this, physically and mentally
    i have mild sitting trouble and severe standing trouble

Side Effects of Akathisia
    By Megan Allyce Snider, eHow Contributor

Print this article
    Related Searches:
    Lasik Long Term EffectsNeuroleptic Medications

Side Effects of Akathisia
    Akathisia is an internal drive to move and be constantly involved in activities. People experiencing akathisia find it difficult to sit still and stop moving. Akathisia is sometimes accompanied by paranoia and anxiety. Akathisia affects patients primarily taking antipsychotics. There are cures that can help alleviate the problem of akathisia, but in some cases patients experience long-term akathisia. Their treatment would also be long-term and only partially cure the condition, but it cannot fully treat some cases.

Extreme Mobility
    Akathisia is the state of extreme movement. The movement is fueled by internal factors and, in most cases, is caused by antipsychotics. It may also be a side effect of morphine withdrawal. Symptoms of akathisia include shifting weight from one foot to another, walking in place, the shuffling of feet, and leg swinging of repeated crossing. In extreme cases, people will pace and remain in agitated states at all times. Persons with akathisia will have trouble sitting or standing still and remain so for any length of time.

Paranoia
    Akathisia may also be accompanied by intense paranoia. The sufferer may feel something catastrophic is going to happen, or that he is being watched or persecuted. This kind of paranoia creates anxiety. Paranoia is driven by delusions, or beliefs a person has that are contrary to the reality of his situation. A person affected may become suspicious, irritable, introverted, depressed, obstinate, jealous, selfish, unsocial and bitter for no reason other than delusion.

Anxiety
    Undefined anxiety may be at the center of akathisia. The effects of paranoia may fuel the anxiety, agitating the akathisia. The movements will become more extreme and a person can become totally restless, displaying rapid and continuous motion. Signs of anxiety are constant tension and worrying. Irrational fears that interfere with lifestyle and thinking patterns is also a complication of anxiety. The anxiety may range from a mild sense of disquiet to a total inability to stay still.

Other Effects
    Other complications seen with akathisia are abnormal behaviors, aggression, malaise, staring, gait disturbance, memory impairment, depressed mood, asthenia (physical weakness), weight increase, suicide attempts, sedation, insomnia, tremor, dyskinesia (involuntary movements) and memory impairment. Some of these side effects may be linked to akathisia and some are simply co-existing reactions to psychiatric drugs. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) also occurs in some cases as a reaction to an antipsychotic drug. NMS is a rare movement disorder that requires hospitalization.

Hi Stan, me again, try not to search the internet because when you are in w/d it only makes you feel scared and worse. I know Just want to keep saying your condition is NOT permanent and you WILL recover it just takes time...I am proof! I know you don't know me from Adam, but I didn't know Lilly from Adam either, but she told me I would recover and she was right! Hang in there!

So sorry you are going through this Stan. All I can offer is what Luc always says, ' Just keep walking' (not literally lol)
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Hi Cindy,

It is great to read this reply to Stan. It is so helpful to hear from someone who has experienced the symptoms and has gotten considerably better. Thanks so much.
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Thanks, Barbara...I know only too well how hard it is to keep the faith while you are going through it!

since several days, i have a new kind of akathisia, when sitting, have problem spinal with mental, and have to move or i am very bad, this is very scary, have difficulties to sit quiet; i noticed that these days i am more in a state of hyperexcitability

Stan, this is only temporary. You already had good improvements some time ago. I sure know how it feels when those pesky symptoms attack again, but when you go through this phase, you will enter your 4th year off. More healing is under way. Hang in there, My Friend!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.