Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Adverse reaction to SSRI and Alcohol

Hi Sheila, yes I had to act fast. No worries, all is well. The stray kitty is perfectly sweet, it couldn't help that the doggy brought out a "natrual" defense reaction lol. But you are right, even a healthy cat's mouth has loads of bacteria and the fact that we didn't know of it's history etc... it was just best to be safe than sorry in this case. I couldn't agree with you more, I'm not a fan but I allowed the antibiotics and tetnus shot (since it wasn't a live strand) this time. It's been hours and neither seem to have any ill effects for me so far.

Happy thoughts :-)

Oh, that's great, m&m. You're doing so great about not taking the cat's behavior personally!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

m&m and your kindness with cats, i read that all, antibiotics here, tetnus shot, chemo etc, many things in the same time
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

It's so great you took care of this stray kitten, M&M. The universe will pay you back in a good coin for your good deeds.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Well thank you guys. Seems it gets harder and harder. Yesterday afternoon was spent in tears and then again this morning... more crying. I am also being very sensitive to say the least. Wished I could just snap out of it. Just feels like there is no getting out of this.

Not sure I will ever see normal again.

Aww, m&m. I’m sorry. It’s definitely possible that some of the tearfulness comes from the antibiotics and tetanus shot. You’re just very vulnerable chemically right now.

You are not only going to see normal again, you’re going to also go beyond everything you had achieved before. This is just a crucible where you’re being forged into something finer and purer.

<< well-behaved cat and dog who are sorry for causing problems to m&m

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Too funny with the emoticons. LOL :-)

Things are going to get much beter after chemo. For certain, when I have a treatment and my counts start dropping and get very ill... depression waves seem way worse b/c I'm pretty much confined to my bed and can't get up and get moving to take my mind off things. Pre-meds I used to enjoy reading books, more so than playing some type of game, etc. Now, books just aren't appealing to me at all these days, not sure why the change. But after reading in the PSI section (?) about the game idea, thought I would give the game thing a try. So I started playing Candy Crush Saga (a simple match game) online now that does help pass the time. But I do enjoy sitting on the front porch on the pretty days and gazing at the nature all around and listening to the birds (OMG, I SOUND LIKE SUCH A BLUE HAIR). Hope that comment doesn't offend anyone, but I do feel so old now days. Don't think I like that. Life literally did a "180 degree turn" on me. Two months before my 34th birthday last year I was thinking how young and youthful I still felt... then the very next month.... BAMMMM!@#! Hoping I can start going out and doing fun things again with my son. We used to have such great adventures together on our day trips.

Ha ha! Dear granny m&m, I’m glad you’re taking it easy. That is really the best thing to do. See – here is more evidence that we need to create some good games for people in w/d. OK, we’ll get crackin’.

You will definitely get younger again, and it’s OK to want that! Your body is temporarily aged and worn out. But, it has amazing regenerative powers and you will get your groove back!

This more internal, contemplative time is also good for your son. It’s shaping him into a thoughtful, wise person. You’ll both get back to outings and play again.

-- Holger Kalweit

M&M just been catching up with your journal - so sorry to hear about the cat!!
    What bad luck -naughty Kitty! you were right to get the tetanus shot and antibiotics and glad they didn't cause too much of a bad reaction. Glad you're managing to get out on your porch and enjoy birdsong. It's really calming isn't it? Good to hear you've found some enjoyment playing some online games.
    You'll definitely feel better once chemo is over - you'll have more energy for sure. How old is your son?
    I'm the same age as you (will be 34 in july) and i completely agree about feeling grannyfied at the moment!
    Love and healing hugs, rachel xxx
    50mg sertraline Oct 2011-Dec 2011.
    25mg Sertraline Jan - March 2012.
    Too fast taper from 25mg - 0.
    Protracted WD Will be 14 months AD free May 10th 2013.

Sending you lots of Positive Energy, M&M!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.