Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Adverse reaction to SSRI and Alcohol

Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Yay, m&m!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

April 17, 2013

One year and one month since the adverse reaction.

Anxiety is getting better, however I still deal with certain fears that I never had before. The SSRI induced depression is still there but a different level.

Still praying for healing. Once functioning... motivated...strong... happy... (sometimes even silly) ... now a totally different person.

I continued to work after the a/r (still scratch my head at that one) just showing up to the office and setting there terrorized and staring into the computer was quiet a chore in itself (or interacting with other people), but when I was diagnosed with cancer 9 months after I went on leave to have surgery and chemo treatments. Wondering how going back to work is going to be.

If there is/was a chance of healing I believe it is being hindered or slowed by the chemo. As if cancer wasn't hard enough, I'm very angry at myself for this happening. I was normal...but I had to go and mess that all up by taking an antidpressant that I had no business taking. I WASN'T DEPRESSED and didn't even know what it felt like! I had some situational anxiety. Seems so unreal.

How can we stop this from happening to others? Why is our government not doing more to protect the people (I'm sure they have this data and knowledge)? How can we protect others from the not so harmless drug?

We are with you all the time, M&M. You have very strong faith. This will help you to hang on.

"How can we stop this from happening to others? Why is our government not doing more to protect the people (I'm sure they have this data and knowledge)? How can we protect others from the not so harmless drug?"

This is very complex, but what I can say for sure that the Big Shift is happening in that respect. The Truth is coming to light at the light speed. And on all levels; political, historical, medical, biological, everything... The nexus of everything with everything.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Comforting words Luc. My prayers are that the lies will be exposed and lives will be saved.

Umm, Oh dear... but now I must go back to the doctor TODAY (or so my oncology nurse says). I'm actually laughing to keep from crying. Not to mention the oncologist wants me to go to my family doctor... the group that put me on the drug that has ruined the last year of my life (needless to say there are no fond memories of that place and trust issues (and fear) is putting it lightly).... and possibly get a tetnus shot and antibiotics due to a cat bite (in the cat's defense, it really was an accident b/c my chihuhua scared it and it reacted). Oh my... First of all I'm sure everything will be fine but ANTIBIOTICS AND A TETNUS VACCINATION. Admittingly my head is wanting to get a little crazy at the moment. But on the positive side, when I was in the hospital about a month ago with the neutropenia and pnemonia they pumped antibiotics in me like they were going out of style.

So, this cat. Don't know a lot about it. Someone abandoned it and it's three kittens. My son found them and asked if we could help (HE LOVES ANIMALS!!), and I said yes. So he brought them home. It appears to be healthy so I may be able to skip the shots in the stomach this time (horrible sarcastic joke).

Ok, so I know my immune system is really compromised right now b/c of the chemo I had Friday (almost 7 days ago) and my white counts are down, but honestly I just dread going and doing the antibiotics (how are they going to make me feel) and the vaccination and EVEN THE SIGHT OF THE FAMILY DOCTOR'S OFFICE.

To go or not to go ... that is the question. I washed it immediately with antibacterial soap several times, then put alchohol on it several times, then peroxide, then antibiotic ointment.

Or I could do what my dad said (yes I called him, to see what he thought) and just keep alcohol on it.

Well, I am generally against antibiotics and you could theoretically research oral iodine instead. But, you have to act fast. Cat bites are very, very dirty. You can get a big, systemic, infection fast. I would probably just go with the antibiotic. It will probably be only 1 – 2 doses.

I have had a cat puncture wound and know of other people and you really have to take them seriously. It has nothing to do with the health of the cat. Even healthy, domestic cats have very, very germ-y mouths. And the germs get really far into the wound.

It *is* pretty funny in an unbelievably overwhelming and stressful way! I’m so sorry you have to go through this, TOO! Jeez louise.

I tell ya, I think our energy is screwed up by the meds – more jagged – and the animals react to that. The only time I ever got badly scratched in my life was when I was on Paxil. And I have pet *many* unknown cats.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Back from the doctor. This time I saw a different doctor in the group as per my request. She proceeds to go down the list of medications I am on regarding the cancer treatment and then says while reading my file "you are allergic to celexa"? I laugh and say, well, it ruined the last year of my life and I am still trying to get back to normal. She looked puzzled. I look at her in disbelief... puzzled? Really, she's going to look puzzled? Ok, so we got another one playing dumb. Then she said, "it doesn't have that effect on everyone." So I think to myself, that friend who's daughter is on Zoloft who tried coming off last month b/c she wants to start a family but went into sheer panic mode and OCD... that's not a problem? Or what about a friend who started antidepressants a couple years ago and began acting in ways that was out of characteristic or doing things he was never known to do... and is now diagnosed as bipolar and living with his parents at age 35 (oh and did I mention his marriage was ruined)... all of these new diagnoses and behaviors started after taking the antidepressants. Seriously too many true stories to tell, but for a doctor (of many years) that is in the field of prescribing these meds to act puzzled at the idea that antidepressants are dangerous is insulting to me.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 comes to mind.

And God bless you for helping the kitties! I just read in a novel -- We don't choose cats. They choose us.

-- Holger Kalweit

And re your previous post --

I’m so glad you’re seeing some improvement. And it’s great that you’re praying strongly for healing. And, yes, the recovery from the AR has probably been complicated by the chemo.

I, also, didn’t really need to take that first Paxil that started me on a horrific journey. And, I, too, can get mad at myself or at the universe about that. Does it help you at all to consider that the med w/d and the cancer are serving some very important purpose that could not be achieved any other way by you at this point in time?

For example, maybe you were normal, but you’re supposed to be more than normal and this is the only way God could nudge (shove?) you in that direction. I just feel that my experience has been so determined to happen and so incredibly growth-producing, that it was meant to be. I certainly wish I could have achieved all the growth a different way!

You are already doing a lot to stop this from happening to others. You tell people IRL. You post here. As you recover and get stronger, you may find other things you want to do to contribute to this cause. There are many, many different ways to contribute. Perhaps one of the things you will want to do is research why the government hasn’t done more.

-- Holger Kalweit

That Thessalonians is good! You are doing so well at seeing the truth of these meds in the people all around you!

-- Holger Kalweit