Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Adverse reaction to SSRI and Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    Yes, I have. Luc's videos are superbly done with loads of information that people need to know about these horrible drugs. I have actually shared a video on my FB page for my friends to see.

Thank you Luc for your hard work in protecting others! You deserve many of these --->
    Looks like I must have missed this post (I was ill at the time I think). M&M, that's really really great you put in on your Facebook page. Thanks for it! That is precisely how we are changing things for the better and reaching more and more people. And it works fantastic. Everyone reading this thread now and in the future is very welcome to share the info you find on IAWP and our videos with others;

http://www.youtube.com/user/IAWProject?feature=mhee/

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...troduction.php

It helps others and help the poster feel more empowered - you actively take part in re-wiring this sick current system.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Lately I have many moments of feeling normal but ... then my mind gets foggy like it lost that train of thought in the middle of normalcy. I am still in uncharted territory.
    That is a very good sign about the "normal" being more present. The "foggier" days are perfectly normal - it's just a way your CNS and entire "you" is re-aligning itself to get back to the previous pre-drug state. It takes some time, but you will get there, M&M.

Mini update:

Symptoms I still have: Jaw pain, severe headaches, non-motivation (this list is not all inclusive... just symptoms I notice the most these days)

Wondering what the rest of my life will be like post-ssri. Will it always be like this? Is there danger of this happening again once it goes away? Just some things I am pondering today.
    what i can say with my experience and reading is that problems go away, new come, older come back and leave etc, and we always notice that we go less deeper with time; what i do not know today is: have we waves still at 10 years, 15 years off, very very mild (some call them "residual")but are they coming back? what they say is they do no more suffer hell and live with them; some have a manageable pain, emotions too sensitive, more fear than before meds, too much excitability, cognition no more perfect, memory seem being less strong; of course nobody has the totally; are this scars? mild sequelae? because i do not see a long termer coming back and say surely i am 100 %, always 95 %
    my goal is 90 % so it will suffice me! lol
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Looks like the waves can, in some cases, happen really far off, but their intensity has lowered very very significantly with time. Let us keep collecting data - we shall see what we come up with.

I am certainly no expert (I haven't suffered the same as you guys) but I wonder if the waves at several years out are actually just us being more in tune with our bodies? Are we noticing things more than we did earlier? I say this because I know many people just block out their emotions and live that way, so maybe w/d has made people more sensitive to mood / CNS and other changes.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Junior, I think there's some truth to that.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Shelia, reading your response made me cry like a baby. Want you to know how much you (and others on IAWP) have helped me over the last year. Thank you. It really helps having the reassurance that others have faced this very same thing and are "ok" now. Lately I have many moments of feeling normal but ... then my mind gets foggy like it lost that train of thought in the middle of normalcy. I am still in uncharted territory.
    I'm so glad it helped, sweetie. You have so many years ahead of you. The older you get, the more it feels like you have lived several different lives -- the eras are so different from each other. This is a Hell era you're in now. But there will be very, very different ones ahead!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Today I feel like I am waking up. Such a nice day. Decided I was going to say it OUT LOUD.

I decided this song fit. Headphones are a must :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsIU4...&feature=share

Nice song, M&M! How incredible is this - just a moment ago, before I even looked at this thread here, I wrote this in the other one; "Next awakening to our collection. I am losing the count of those. :) But that's the best thing to lose, especially on a regular basis."

On a personal note, and talking of awakenings, that's just a beginning of something incredible. The more so, as certain ideas and topics connected with the awakening are totally mind-blowing, and of which I realized/learnt barely a year ago, or even months back. Having learnt of those, I had to re-evaluate a huge chunk of my earlier knowledge on every possible level; historical, biological, political, medical, and what not. I'm not even yet sharing it all here on the forum, fully realizing these ideas might still feel too outlandish to those who only started their awakening process. But we will get there.

Cool. What thread, so I can read in the full context. Coincidence?