Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Adverse reaction to SSRI and Alcohol

M&M, try limiting adding more drugs if only possible. Here's a good link with natural remedies. Maybe you will find something in it; http://www.earthclinic.com/ailments.html
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I’m glad you started using your journal again, m&m – expressing yourself and asking for support.

It is truly shocking how your life has changed, and how this all came in from out of the blue. Your anger about losing the good life you had is very healthy. This kind of suffering is absurd, and no one should have to go through it.

You know already that I believe that God and your angels and you greater self will turn these lemons into lemonade. This horrible part of your life will come to an end, and you will emerge even stronger, happier, and more motivated than before.

As Luc suggests, I would slowly try to turn towards natural and non-oral remedies (for example, massage, which can really help with cancer treatment side effects). I don't know much about heart burn -- I wonder if apple cider vinegar can help with that? Let us know if you need us to Google.

Sending prayers and healing energy….
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Initially I started a reply for an update on the PSI thread but it turned into more journal material so I'm putting it here:

[START]
    I just wanted to say thank you for the prayers. The fever made me so ill feeling on top of everything else it was challenging. Your prayers have worked. Please keep praying. Although my symptoms that landed me in the hospital are getting better my emotional and other physical symptoms seem to be picking bad again. W/D and cancer do not go well together. Not sure how much more I can take and this is only after my first chemo treatment. I feel like the adverse reaction / wd that the SSRI's created damaged me and left me for dead by the side of the road, and now the cancer is the opportunist that sees me laying there and wants to finish me off. I see SSRI's as truly criminal. I could go on and on about things... regrets of ever touching them blah blah blah....but what I want is for people to be saved from this pain. Damage. Never-ending agony. And for people that may be unaware of the dangers and possibly be talked into taking these meds by a doctor they trusted ... to be safe from harm of this happening to them. My hopes are that big pharma will be made to stop hurting and ruining people's lives with these drugs.

Sounds like I’m having a major pity party for myself (maybe so) but maybe I am also mourning for my old self or for the people in my life who are also suffering now because they depended on me ... like my son and other family members. My family is now trying to help me but they don't know how. Not everyone is compassionate about it, they just don't understand... and I think about when Jesus was dying on the cross for us and asked the Father "forgive them, for they know not what they do"... well that helps me to let it go when someone I really love and care about doesn't understand or even attempt to try ... they just don't understand because to most people this isn't real... if they haven't experienced it... or if they can't "see it" it doesn't exist. I don't even know how to help myself right now. Guess I will just pray for strength to hold on through this wave and hope a brighter day will come. [END]

@ Sheila I just read your post and saw Luc's link... I will certainly try the natural stuff out. It is so thoughtful of you guys to take time out to look this up for me. It's not something that you have to do but yet you guys do it out of the goodness of your heart, and that makes me look at you in a different light. Right now, I am literally a toxic waste site with everything... chemo... the new drugs the hospital has pumped into me to combat the new stuff ... from the chemo/ pneumonia...I'm thankful to be going home and away from the meds.

I'm scared my body/mind has lost the balance that the SSRI's took from it forever. I don't want to learn to live with new symptoms that never go away. I want to be healed completely and that's what I will keep asking for until I can't hold on any more.

I think you should definitely think in terms of healing completely. It's just going to be a process of getting there, one step at a time.

You are certainly being pushed to deal with a lot, and I'm really sorry. But, look how much you are learning and growing. You know so much more about so many things than you did a year ago. And you're going to be learning even more. God will be using all this learning and development and wisdom to do great things. You're going to be able to take all these painful events and contribute to the world because of them.

Yes, you're right, the people letting you down truly know not what they do, and it's great to remember that. But, let yourself have your hurt and anger, too --either here, or in the privacy of your own mind -- that's an essential part of the healing and growth.

Several of us on this board have a leaning toward alternative medicine, so don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.

Am praying right now!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

m&m – Have you looked at Luc’s videos on our Youtube channel? From the way you’re thinking about things lately, it seems you might find them very validating.

-- Holger Kalweit

Yes, I have. Luc's videos are superbly done with loads of information that people need to know about these horrible drugs. I have actually shared a video on my FB page for my friends to see.

Thank you Luc for your hard work in protecting others! You deserve many of these --->

Thanks so much for putting a video on your FB page! Way to spread the word!

-- Holger Kalweit

Mini update:

Symptoms I still have: Jaw pain, severe headaches, non-motivation (this list is not all inclusive... just symptoms I notice the most these days)

Wondering what the rest of my life will be like post-ssri. Will it always be like this? Is there danger of this happening again once it goes away? Just some things I am pondering today.

Good to see you, m&m....The rest of your life will definitely not be like this. The body and brain have amazing healing abilities. Your brain is always being changed and reshaped by your experiences. Just being *off* the AD is a new experience that is shaping your brain for the better. Of course, all the healing things you do will help even more.

And, the way healing from ADs seems to go is that you get better and better. Then, you get to a point where you may have no symptoms, but if enough stress happens in your life, you could have a brief "flashback" of w/d / AR. Then, you get beyond that phase, and that doesn't even happen. I have heard so many people say that have forgotten that they ever went through w/d.

-- Holger Kalweit

Shelia, reading your response made me cry like a baby. Want you to know how much you (and others on IAWP) have helped me over the last year. Thank you. It really helps having the reassurance that others have faced this very same thing and are "ok" now. Lately I have many moments of feeling normal but ... then my mind gets foggy like it lost that train of thought in the middle of normalcy. I am still in uncharted territory.