Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Adverse reaction to SSRI and Alcohol

Thank you for the update. There is some real progress visible. Congrats on the four-day trip! What a great sign of healing!

I’m so glad some of the cancer treatment is behind you. You are doing such a great job of researching your options and educating yourself and making decisions about what you think is the best course of action. All so impressive.

This is, indeed, a severe and arduous battle -- on two fronts, as it were. You are an Amazon warrior! Wow!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

M&M , i am happy to see you are better, unfortunately, you have still ordeal to pass,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Great news, M&M! You're definitely past the worst. You're making great progress. Keep it up.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you guys for cheering me on. I love you all, and prayed for you all by name yesterday at church down at the alter for healing and strength, and then I prayed for our IAWP family in general as well. Knowing he's listening, I believe something big is about to happen. Something good.

I still have a recurring dream though that leaves me confused. It's a new dream that started a couple months ago. Maybe the full message will be revealed when the time is right.

Anyway, I will be starting back to work in a little over a week. I've been out on medical leave for cancer treatment for six months now and must go back now that the hard part is over. Need lots of prayers, I've never dreaded going to work before.... until this A/R. I mean, I might have wanted to take a day off here or there like any other normal person before the A/R, but work was always like an adventure for me that I wanted to go and take part in. I had lots of motivation, it made me happy to help people and to be around others. So, please pray... and if there is anyone reading this days, months, or even years from now, please still say a prayer for me and my son... and for all humanity while your at it. I want to continue to help people and show kindness and love to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Great news, M&M! You're definitely past the worst. You're making great progress. Keep it up.
    Luc, I've been thinking about you and wishing you well. Hope you are OK!

your doig so well my darling, this will all be a bad memory soon
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thank you Iggy, I prayed for you at church as well... and NH, Squirrel, Samsara, Moui, Grand D,,, all the people I could think of at the moment.

Please be strong my friend, I know it's hard. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I believe that.

the other day I went into the local church with my mum, there was a flower display on in there, I didnt feel well enough to go in but didnt feel well enough to say that I didnt feel well enough if you know what I mean........

as you know I have not been blessed with the gift of faith, I wish I had, and have the greatest of respect and a healthy degree of envy for those who have been given this beautiful gift

but as I walked around the church an overwhelming sadness and dispair came over me, I started crying uncontrollably as soon as we went in, it could have been the music, the stillness, but as I got to the front I collapsed on my knees and prayed to God to help me, to help all of us who are suffering so much. I must have looked like a fool but I didnt care, my mum had to pull me up and guide me out and take me home.

I begged for a sign that I would recover, just some hope, a little hope.

that memory will haunt me forever and has gone in the PTSD bank.

M&M when you are fully healed please dont leave here will you, stick around and become our first success story
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I believe something big is about to happen. Something good.
    Yes!

I’m praying for you. And I got an email from Samsara this week, and she told me she was praying for you. (She is pretty miserable, but taking really good care of herself.)

I'm hoping work will be healing for you, since you experienced it as an adventure in the past.

Let us know if you want input on your dream.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsEGqUHwj8

Your guardian angel protected you during this chemo + ssri journey .. I think it can handle the work.

Citalopram is a groovy drug. Never tried this citalopram&wine cocktail drink. I'll have to scratch that off my things-to-try list.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.