Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Adverse reaction to SSRI and Alcohol

Are your windows longer than waves now days?

Do you like to solve Rubix Cubes? :-P

You could be a Zen Master when all this is over. :-)

The closest would be to say that the waves are considerably less painful than they used to be, and that, on average, it's been improving. Slowly, but undeniably. Extrapolating it, I just can feel that it will keep improving.

As for the Rubik's Cube, I tried it in my teens, but as far as I got was 1 full side and 8 pieces on this other side solved. Somewhere around 30% of it then. LOL.

Keep walking. Just keep walking.

My rule of thumb now is to try any new treatment at about 25% the intensity that the practitioner suggests. So, you might try communicating that to the person – pick whatever percentage feels right to you, tell them you have an over-active autonomic system from neurological damage, say all interventions must be calming and not activating.

So glad you’ve been having a window. I think you would have been in great shape by now were it not for the chemo.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

It's hard to hang on today

Are you experiencing the worsening, M&M?

Yes, it is the worsening Luc.

Aww, hun, you had the chemo Friday, right? It’s the *last one*, right? Thank goodness.

There’s light at the end of the tunnel. Things are not going to stay this way. You’re going to feel very, very different about *everything* in the future. You can’t even imagine how you’re going to feel, it will be so different from how you feel now.

Is there anything you can do to help things? Like go for re-hydration or anything? Try to breathe a little deeper and relax your muscles as best you can. Distract with entertainment if you can. This *will* pass.

Sending hugs and healing and prayers….
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

dear M&M, try to pass these bad days, better days are forward
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    The closest would be to say that the waves are considerably less painful than they used to be, and that, on average, it's been improving. Slowly, but undeniably. Extrapolating it, I just can feel that it will keep improving.

As for the Rubik's Cube, I tried it in my teens, but as far as I got was 1 full side and 8 pieces on this other side solved. Somewhere around 30% of it then. LOL.

I used to be able to do those! I remember timing ourselves. Wouldn't have a clue now.

I'm glad things are improving for you Luc. You have been on this path for a long time. One day you will arrive. I don't know where but you will, when you get there. So just keep walking my friend.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Hang in there, M&M! You've been very brave. We are sending you the Extra Healing Energies. During such moments, when the symptoms get so much worse, it's extremely difficult to think positively. It's a physiological thing. But it will get better. It will get better. We're with you all the time.