Thread: You many want to try this one

You many want to try this one

Over the last 2-3 months, I started doing some stretching exercises. I started with the dose so minute, I won't even mention it, but, step by step, mercilessly slowly, I added more. At first, I didn't really even count on much progress - I was doing it mostly to tell myself that, even if no progress was there, I'd keep doing it anyway. About two weeks ago, in the middle of the exercise, to my amazement, I realized that what had been some time ago absolutely impossible, now I was able to do - the range of movement (especially in arms) has improved, plus, this nagging pain in my neck I couldn't get rid of has gone down by 70%.

It's really worth trying. It takes lots of time and patience. Also, one must be careful to not tax the system. The good news is that it may help anyone - no matter what age, time spent on drugs, etc. It surely helps you from the psychological point of view as well - you know there *is* a progress.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

i am trying every day, and there seems no progress, something that i am able to do today, in two days i will no more be able; but globally, after months, there is a little improvement,
    the pains when walk (shoulders,spine,chest,arms) seem to lessen and the next day are back stronger; but i try every day to walk, not exercising is worse
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Good for you, Europeans. This is the way to go -- tiny steps, slow increases -- it doesn't fix everything, but it helps with the pain and stiffness. And, it helps prevent the secondary ailments that come from being so sick and stressed for so long. You're also moving lymph and detoxing. And retraining your nervous system.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ever since I sprained my ankle last Dec. I have been doing the exerciseshe gave me. At first I could not do them, then it was difficult and now easy. My hope is to keep them strengthened so it doesn't happen again. I decided to do other exercises at the same time and began with 1 at a time increasing to 2 each week, one more and now up to 10 repeats! The knee bends I could not hold for 3 secs and can now hold for 30secs. The cat stretch I could not do at all and can now hold for 30sec with 5 repeats, except when I first taper, my nerves are all alive/on edge with ithing and tingling and that exercise is just no go as it increases the nerve pain over my back too much. I certainly cannot but help in the long run. LIke Luc said, you have to be very careful as our muscles are so weak and in the past I have pulled muscles doing exercises. So start slowly, that is the way to go.

By taking it easy, figuring out the way your body and mind react to the physical exertion is the way to go. I'm still learning it - the number of reps, the amount of time needed to get used to a higher dose, and so on. And, again, at the beginning, it may feel like it doesn't work, or even worsens the symptoms. But, what many of us mentioned here - this way we are able to prevent secondary ailments. Plus, at some point, it starts catching up.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You're doing just right with the exercising, gD!

<-- ear exercises

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

That's cute. First time I smiled in 2 weeks!

Aw, I hear ya, gD.

< eye rolling exercises, another way to start small

-- Holger Kalweit