Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Needinghelp's journal

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    Really not doing well. Extremely sad and depressed, crying all the time. I feel really down and my mom is so worried about me she is also crying. I dont know what to do anymore, its like I dont see any way out of this, I feel trapped and it feels like im never going to recover. I feel shaky and the DP/DR Is so so bad, I feel like im not here and its really bad for me. Does it get better :'(
    NH - It gets better. I have felt the severe symptoms such as you because I had an adverse reaction to citalopram after starting and stopping a couple of times, but I am here to tell you that as time passes your symptoms WILL improve. I'm not in the constant state of terror any more and things are getting better. Don't give up because you will see good days again.

Sending prayers your way.

NH – Part of what makes this so hard is that you are still in the pioneer group, and you live in a world that doesn’t know about this w/d syndrome. But, there will, unfortunately, be millions of people following in your footsteps. They will get more validation and support. You might even help them.

This is a shockingly difficult experience, but it absolutely, positively gets better in every way, and then comes to an end. And you will be happier and stronger than before it happened. Be as compassionate to yourself as you can.

Luc has a very good idea about giving your mother information and support – to reassure her and help her to help you.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi, I also had an adverse reaction, but to cymbalta. I am scared because things are just getting worse and worse for me at the moment. When did you start to feel better?
    Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    NH - It gets better. I have felt the severe symptoms such as you because I had an adverse reaction to citalopram after starting and stopping a couple of times, but I am here to tell you that as time passes your symptoms WILL improve. I'm not in the constant state of terror any more and things are getting better. Don't give up because you will see good days again.

Sending prayers your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    NH – Part of what makes this so hard is that you are still in the pioneer group, and you live in a world that doesn’t know about this w/d syndrome. But, there will, unfortunately, be millions of people following in your footsteps. They will get more validation and support. You might even help them.

This is a shockingly difficult experience, but it absolutely, positively gets better in every way, and then comes to an end. And you will be happier and stronger than before it happened. Be as compassionate to yourself as you can.

Luc has a very good idea about giving your mother information and support – to reassure her and help her to help you.
    Thank you Sheila, I really appreciate it. I had an advere reaction probably to the cymbalta while I was in withdrawal, does that mean i will take much longer to recover or does that make my chances any worse to recover? Do you know of anyone wo hasnt recovered by 10 years off? I know, im just scared so much its so unreal!! Never had so much fear in my life!

It will get better, Needinghelp. I have read and known of many people who had adverse reaction - they all got better, and many are already healed.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you Luc, that gives me so much hope!

Hi NH. For me there wasn't or isn't a mile marker for that. It is sort of like phases and waves of intensity of the different symptoms. Things get better along the way. Hang in there and you will be so glad you did.

It gets confusing, because you really are going through something real, and of course you would have feelings about that. But, it's still mostly true -- especially early on as you are -- that your feelings are mostly false chemical messages. They *seem* real, but they are like 1000 x false amplifications of what you're really feeling. And you know what happens when you amplify sound a lot -- it gets distorted. So, it helps to really keep saying this to yourself over and over -- "This feels like real danger, but it's not."
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Guys, you have seen thousands of people recover. Do you believe I will too? I know you guys are in the minority that w/d lasts a very long time, I mean it has to end someday right? No one has ever had this forever or more than 10 years?? Have you ever seen someone with severe symptoms like me that fully recovered? Im scared people im really scared so badly. It feels like im going to go into a coma or something this DP/DR is really bad now...

Im just scared because I have seen people still with DP/DR for so long in w/d and I cant handle years of this. I mean people who come to mind is Leo69, Squirrel, Buxy'sback and others I have seen on PP.