Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY we never heal 100 % after antidepressants,

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    That wonderful Luc and please allow me to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and I will do whatever I can to help. :)

I have no doubt that the more positive synergy there is, the faster we will be able to change the current state of affairs, Iggy. Let us then spread the word. The truth is already breaking out.

You know I think the closest thing to w/d from these meds has to be a stroke, and I have worked with many stroke survivors, like a stroke the severity and lasting symptoms are individual, some people make a full recovery, some are left with physical issues, some with cognative or mental health issues.

There is no difference here, its a chemical storm in the brain and cns, I just hope that soon drs will acctually strart looking into helping people with protracted w/d like they do strokes, and supporting not only the victim but the families too.

Very good points, especially those two.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi all,

I just read your posts ... It says Cosette is very scary ... This reminds me of exposure to radiation or chemicals or other pasricdes ...
    If this is correct (it should be scientifically sound evidence), it is a massive empoisonement we are witnessing and are victims ...

I hope very much that this assumption is false, or at least in part (sorry Cosette, but I try to stay optimistic) and that the judgment of psychotropic can be as beneficial (long-term) that the stop smoking! Indeed, with tobacco, people suffer from symptoms + or - for serious consumption, which is highly addictive. Then, when they stop, the pain of withdrawal fades over time and the body recovers its functions largely very gradually ...

If this is not the case with psychotropic, then it is very serious. What intrigues me is that people do not all react the same way to the same treatment and its withdrawal ... We are apparently not equal to these molecules and their withdrawal.
    What also worries me is that it seems that some patients develop prolonged withdrawal symptoms ... life (especially for anxiolytics).
    There he no reliable studies and articles on the subject?

It is true that psychotropic drugs affect the whole of our functions and infltrent everywhere in our body ...

Finally, we are permanently poisoned? Why some of us are doing + faster and better than others?

Psychiatry is a total aberration! It is like building race cars without brakes ... or driving.
    Psychiatrists are they murderers? How can they claim to cure people and save lives?
    The more I understand, the less I understand!!

(Fast music to calm my anger if I'm going to make a scandal in the first medical practice come!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66molzUEkWI

Luck to all! We all heal, at our own pace ... but we'll get there! Do not let go!

Dédé

she told me our body is neurological poisoned, but the repair system is also poisoned, and this explains me why the neuroplasticity is unable to repair many things and let them wrong after years because he himself is neuro poisoned
    the antidepressant affecting all, no difference between repair system, respiratory system, blood system, organs, all is destroyed, skin, muscles, bones, eyes, bowels, blood, ocd, memory, cognition, obsession, anxiety etc
    a neuro toxic is a neuro toxic and more years taken, more are destroying and more years needed to function

Do not be afraid, Dédé. The improvement is happening. In your case, it will happen much faster - you didn't spend on those drugs too long.

To all long-termers; the need necessitates the invention. To invent better ways to beat WD faster and more efficiently, this cruel condition must be first acknowledged more. And we're getting there. That's why it's so important to anyone who is already able to, to keep getting the word out. And many of you are doing tremendous work at it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You are so right! Thank tou for your optimism!

And we're getting there. That's why it's so important to anyone who is already able to, to keep getting the word out.

Dédé

i live hell since now near 5 years totally, i know many people as i;
    and i have only taken 10 mg paxil deroxat= half pill during 10 years, and 20 mg during 3 years; i was not overdrugged, and i am in this state, so the 100 % healing is a joke
    healing with sequaels is possible but needs many years suffering for long-termers
    i do not speak for short-termers who have of course more chance to heal much better

i would be happy we heal all 100% after 3 years, but the truth is different;
    Last edited by stan; 10-06-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    That wonderful Luc and please allow me to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and I will do whatever I can to help. :)
    That's lovely, Iggy! And please keep thinking about what you have learned from stroke survivors and giving us your insights about how it may pertain to us.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Dédé View Post
    Psychiatry is a total aberration! It is like building race cars without brakes ... or driving.
    Excellent, Dédé! I think you really must go into writing or speaking publicly on this issue!
    Last edited by Sheila; 10-06-2012 at 11:42 PM.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Stan -- One of the features of our brain damage that seems to be different from other causes of brain damage is that, in the case of the other causes such as concussion or stroke, it seems like people start to see improvement almost immediately. Although, they, too, have an up-and-down, waves and windows pattern. But, our particular injury seems sometimes not to improve initially for a long time, and then "turn the corner: and start improving rapidly.

Cindy was an example of this. Her first three years were paralyzingly bad. Then, she turned the corner, and started to be better faster.

Note to Iggy and Dede -- this does not apply to you. You were not on the drugs very long.

I actually got worse before I started to get better. And, you, Stan, may be having that experience now, too. Your tinnitus has lowered your quality of life considerably, but, worst of all, it is very threatening to have a new, severe symptom come in when you had been seeing more progress before.

But, miserable as this is, it is still typical of the longer version of this syndrome, and I still think you will reach a point in time when you will start to improve faster.

I do not think your "repair abilities" are ruined nor are they making mistakes. I think you are being repaired all the time, but the repair work *is* slowed down, and, unfortunately, this allows the ongoing massive physical stress to cause new *temporary* symptoms.

-- Holger Kalweit

Hi Stan,

Sheila wrote:
    I actually got worse before I started to get better. And, you, Stan, may be having that experience now, too. Your tinnitus has lowered your quality of life considerably, but, worst of all, it is very threatening to have a new, severe symptom come in when you had been seeing more progress before.

Dear Stan, I hope these words will give you hope and appease all of you endure more than 3 years now. I'm with you wholeheartedly and sincerely jj'aimerais help you feel better!
    I wish you luck and hope too!

Sincerely.

Dédé

But, miserable as this is, it is still typical of the longer version of this syndrome, and I still think you will reach a point in time when you will start to improve faster.

I do not think your "repair abilities" are ruined nor are they making mistakes. I think you are being repaired all the time, but the repair work *is* slowed down, and, unfortunately, this allows the ongoing massive physical stress to cause new *temporary* symptoms.
    Dear Stan, I hope these words will give you hope and appease all of you endure more than 3 years now. I'm with you wholeheartedly and sincerely jj'aimerais help you feel better!
    I wish you luck and hope too!

Sincerely.

Dédé

I think it has to do with how long you have been on the drug. 2.5 years is a very short time. So getting off should take less than that, so not long.
    Others, like myself, 17 years is a long time. I think the 10% taper was going to take me 3 years. So the 5% taper was going to take me 6 years at the rate I was going. My rationale is if it takes 6 years doing a very, very slow taper then it will take much longer than 6 years if you CT and have been on for many, many years.