Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY we never heal 100 % after antidepressants,

and squirral what do you still suffer with?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Do you remember the story of this lady? http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ght=university
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Im TERRIFIED that Im going to still be this poorly in 7 years! But I was only on celexa for 2.5 years????????
    Iggy, 2.5 years isn't that long in terms of taking drugs. Of course, it's still some time (the last thing would be to lie to you), but your healing will take shorter.

I read that post of your Luc, It should give hope to everyone. I also read your journal and the fact that you are so active on here and able to help me through this really shows the improvements you have made even if you dont feel them happening.

Do you not work anymore now Luc?

You know what gets on my nerves a little at PP? I love all the people and I appriciate their advice very much, but the whole CBT thing I just cannot connect with. I think cbt may help people once they have come out of w/d to help them get over the trauma, and I understand that not being afraid of the symptoms is important, but cbt is never gonna effect these symptoms.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Iggy, 2.5 years isn't that long in terms of taking drugs. Of course, it's still some time (the last thing would be to lie to you), but your healing will take shorter.
    Thanks Luc, although its not guarenteed. xx

I think cbt may help people once they have come out of w/d to help them get over the trauma, and I understand that not being afraid of the symptoms is important, but cbt is never gonna effect these symptoms.
    Very wise words, Iggy. Telling anybody in severe WD to "push" it, to "get exposed to things even more", etc., when one is already in the state of physical and emotional toxin-induced vivisection, only worsens the current unbearable symptoms, plus, it produces gargantuan self-blame. Yes, certain techniques may be helpful at some point and in some people, but *nothing* is ever black or white.

yes self blame, exactly, I am often told to take responsibility for my anxiety, well I will not because it dioes not belong to me and then if I cant manage to do something I feel like I have failed when I havent failed, I have just not been able to do it!

The other day when I had had a good day my hubby said 'well done' and I had to correct him, I hadnt done anything to change the way I felt, It was a window its more 'congratulations'!

anyway Im hyjacking this thread, apologies.

I dont believe in permernant damage.

I see acouple of people here were on Deroxat, wasnt that taken off the market? whats the difference between that and seroxat/Paxil and why was it removed?

Do you think Deroxat is more damaging?

Do you not work anymore now Luc?
    I attempted going back to work a month ago, but after a very nasty situation with my boss (an egocentric/sociopathic/narcissistic ticking walking bomb) I told this person to go to, pardon, hell. I had no idea how I managed to go on working in that absurd state for so long anyway, and being exposed to such egotistical, freak of a person on almost daily basis. Luckily enough, my family is supportive, so I want to help those who don't have it from their families. Putting now all the energy there is to changing this systemic crazinness around us.

I see acouple of people here were on Deroxat, wasnt that taken off the market? whats the difference between that and seroxat/Paxil and why was it removed?

They are both "paroxetine" - Seroxat/Paxil/Aropax and some others are just trade names.

Do you think Deroxat is more damaging?

It's really hard to say. They would need to do some meta-studies on it to find the answer. But, to do studies, they would have to first admit what those drugs really do. Personally, I'd say it's more or less the same. I could always be wrong though.

That wonderful Luc and please allow me to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and I will do whatever I can to help. :)

You know I think the closest thing to w/d from these meds has to be a stroke, and I have worked with many stroke survivors, like a stroke the severity and lasting symptoms are individual, some people make a full recovery, some are left with physical issues, some with cognative or mental health issues.

There is no difference here, its a chemical storm in the brain and cns, I just hope that soon drs will acctually strart looking into helping people with protracted w/d like they do strokes, and supporting not only the victim but the families too.