Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY we never heal 100 % after antidepressants,

WHY we never heal 100 % after antidepressants,

WHY we never heal 100 % after antidepressants, benzodiazepines and antipsychotics, mood stabilizer etc

when someone brokes a leg or destroy an eye, the repairing system (in his plainful health) makes all for the other organs to adapt to this new state, and this people is disabled but live quite well;

why, after taking 5 or 10 years deroxat, do we not be in the same state, all is disabled not only one area, why after 5 years off, are we still a wreck unable to function normally with an area disabled?

after years i do not understand, and recently Cosette gave me the answer to this crucial question about myself,
    she told me our body is neurological poisoned, but the repair system is also poisoned, and this explains me why the neuroplasticity is unable to repair many things and let them wrong after years because he himself is neuro poisoned
    the antidepressant affecting all, no difference between repair system, respiratory system, blood system, organs, all is destroyed, skin, muscles, bones, eyes, bowels, blood, ocd, memory, cognition, obsession, anxiety etc
    a neuro toxic is a neuro toxic and more years taken, more are destroying and more years needed to function
    i, after 1 year tapering and 3,5 years off am still a wreck, it makes 4 and a half year, why? here i have my answer

why my neuroplasticity is unable to make me only half fonctionnal as before...after so many years off...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

hey stan its been 7.5 years for me and i too would like the answer !

hi My Squirrel,

your neuroplasticity is maybe poisoned and have difficult to see what is wrong in your body; wait a little more as i will wait and hope
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

That's a good point, Cosette and Stan, about the repair system, itself, being damaged. This is one aspect of what's going on. But, I think there are others, like the nervous system is so much more complex than a broken leg.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I understand what you're saying here, Stan, and the argument of our neuroplastic capability not working the way it should itself, but Sheila has a very good point, too - it's so exceptionally complex... We hardly scratched the surface of this neuro-labyrinth.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

hold on a minutes, why are you saying NEVER? What are you calling never?

I have seen people recover 100% on PP, I think we all have.

My friend who sees shipko said 7 years is a fair recovery time for someone who has been on the meds for a very long time.

We also need to take into account the reason we went onto these meds, those issues are not going to go away are they?

Have faith, everyone WILL recover 100%
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Irecently asked shipko about my symptoms still here after 7.5 years and here is his reply;

Hi
    I don't know what to say to you, except that you are not alone in your experience. It is becoming increasingly clear that the drugs can have toxic effects that persist indefinitely. I do not know of any specific 'antidotes' or drugs that might safely alleviate your symptoms.
    Dr.S.

I strongly believe that, even if often so slowly, we are, and will be, improving. Though, at the same time, I do understand that each and every of us may experience some doubts - it's very human, especially when confronted with the WD-induced physical and emotional suffering, the suffering that would be beyond the grasp of those who may be suffering from anxiety, but who have never taken ADs and similar toxins and haven't experienced WD first-hand. What we can all agree on, my friends, is that, again, despite the insulting our mind and soul slowness of the healing, the improvement is and will be there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Sqirrel, what is your drug history? is it complex? Im TERRIFIED that Im going to still be this poorly in 7 years! But I was only on celexa for 2.5 years????????
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

And as for damaging the repair capabiliy of the brain, thats an interesting thought but it could just be that some people have been damaged on a much deeper level, if there was a test that could see how compatible ads are to your brain it may be that those who suffer for years in w/d should never have been started on ssris, well, non of us should.