Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Types of food our bodies don't like

I had hypersensitivity to odors in the first 2 months of W/D then they stoped, and now I have it but less intense.

Because of this, I don´t tolerate spicy foods.

I used to eat a lot of CHILE (hotpeppers)

I stay away from caffeine, coffe, coke, etc.I have lost 11 pounds.That worrys me because at 6 feet 2" now I´m at 169 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I stay away from caffeine, coffe, coke, etc.
    That is very good, Alex, you stay away from those. They all cause the worsening of the symptoms. The same with spicy food. Please, don't worry - once you start feeling better, your appetite will be back. What may help, is dividing meals into smaller ones. Eating less at a time, but more often.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I smoke...and of course I know how bad it is. I changed buying cigarettes into only rolling my own, so I can make them very thin. But it's still bad, I know.
    I can hardly tolerate alcohol anymore. I used to drink quite a lot before tapering, but while tapering I stopped drinking alcohol and now,
    when I have a small beer, or a glass of wine I can feel it taking all my energy and it takes days to recover again...it's like a demon to me. So I avoid it.
    I make a mix with decaffeinated and caffeinated coffee, but the best thing would be to only drink decaffeinated. Coffee makes me tremble and agressive....
    I have no problems with fizzy drinks. I discovered that Indian Tonic is a good replacement for a beer, because it has a little "bite", and a bitterness that I liked so much about beer.
    So I drink tonic quite often.
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    That is very good, Alex, you stay away from those. They all cause the worsening of the symptoms. The same with spicy food. Please, don't worry - once you start feeling better, your appetite will be back. What may help, is dividing meals into smaller ones. Eating less at a time, but more often.
    Thank you Luc for being there and giving support.

Astrid -- You're doing very well at cleaning up your diet!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit