Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

Caroline -- Wow, what a difference a week makes! I am so glad to hear this.

Excellent idea to plan more carefully around your period.

This is a excellent sign of your ability to heal. You can see that it *is* possible for you to feel like this. This capability is *not* permanently cancelled out in you.

Mona -- people have such varied, unpredictable paths through w/d. Take from hope from Caroline's example, even if your path is not exactly the same. Would you ever have imagined last week that she would feel like this this week?! I've seen other people have windows or even turn the corner permanently in a way no one could ever have predicted.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by mona View Post
    I'm so glad for you honey but it is different for me. I've had no windows and every day things get worse. I can no longer imagine recovery.
    W/D recovery is absolutely umpredictable.Sheila is right; some people don't have windows and recover faster, some do have them, and take longer to recover...
    Fear, Mona, fear is a huge obstacle in this process;I am been able to handle things much better during the day, but my sleep is awful, and that scares the hell out of me.

Fear....against this terrible feeling, I try mindfullness, to talk myself in a positive rational way;very hard for me, being a negative person all my life.But this process is changing all that; I must.

We are all in the same boat, together.

It is incredible the power of the mind;I say this for Caroline, and I feel very happy for her.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

up on the omegas

10am - 300
    4pm - 300
    10pm - 300

900 total
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I was going to post an update but there is no point this forum is closing and its the end of it all. Im so upset there are no words
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I'm upset too Iggy, me too. :( As upset as anhedonia will allow me to be anyway.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

I know, Iggy. I feel the same - I am really upset by this news as well and so confused. I feel lost, not sure where to go for on-line support now as I don't really like the other sites so much. I know you don't feel like posting an update but I hope you have continued to feel better.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Is this forum closing? Why? When? This is very upsetting. I was just starting to feel more relaxed about being more open here.

Are you still feeling better Iggy?
    1998 Zoloft 1998 - 2010 Various medications including Serzone, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Inderal, Duromine and Lexapro. HRT. Codeine and liquid morphine for pain. Stopped Lexapro in 2010 with a too fast taper over about 2 months. Diagnosed with ADHD- stimulants.
    Nervous system 'crashed' in November 2011
    May 2013 - Last medication of any kind after learning about protracted withdrawal.
    Partially bedridden and daytime agoraphobia

my window has closed, its not because the forum is shutting down, that has upset me a great deal but I cant see if being the reason I am so sick again.

I woke up this morning and remembered its closing and had some pretty bad anxiety over it, but I tried to pull myself together. I went to the shops and it wasnt good, I was dizzy, vertigo felt sick and panic atarted to creep in, I tried to take control and tell myself not to panic about what I was feeling but its no use, the panic was there of its own accord.

came home and tried to distract but once again no good.

just took Freddie to the park and it was a huge mistake, dizzy, sick, confused, anxiety not nice at all.

no pgad really or akathisia but loads of other stuff, im feeling hopeless again like this will just never end, and I dont know how Im going to cope without this place, no other forum is going to make up for this place being gone, my safe place, the only place I feel safe and feel able to talk about everything thats happening

Im going to miss everyone so much there are no words to describe how I feel, and I know that for stan, sheila and Luc it will be just as (and more) painful. Im so sorry this has happned, im sorry for everyone and desperate for myself.

I dont know how to let go of this forum, I dont think I can, I know I have to but everytime I think about it all I can do is cry, things are bad again over here, maybe I overdid it by going out, maybe its the positive ions from the full moon and the impending thunder storms, maybe its just a wave, maybe Ive gone up too fast on the omegas

maybe I cant bear the thought of losing the family we have created here, and the only real support and love I have felt in a year, its not just being in touch with the people here, its the place itself its the mixture of all the people here and the atmosphere that luc, shela and stan have created and their amazing knowledge from years of studying withdrawal, nothing can replace that, no one can replace that

ive tried to hard to pretend that im not feeling so awful again but theres no getting past it, im back in hell, a few days off and i should be grateful i had them, but what does it matter when they pass and you are left back in hell?

I see no point to life

Iggarita -- Unfortunately, I'm sure the forum closing is exacerbating your w/d. We have waves sometimes for no reason, but real stressors definitely trigger waves also.

The Founders *are* all suffering a lot over this, but we also have a really strong feeling that something even better is going to emerge for all of us Founders *and* members from this thing we all created. We just have to wait a bit, allow a little time, take as good care of ourselves and each other as we can, and stay open.

I see you doing exactly that. Really, I am so impressed about how well you are metabolizing this shock. There will be ups and downs for awhile for all of us. But, we are already coping really well what with theelt's forum and everyone making their plans to keep in contact. There will be other developments, I'm sure, but I don't know what yet.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit