Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

Wow - that is wonderful news, Iggy. I have my fingers crossed for you that the akathisia is letting up!
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Im crying, Im crying because I have no feeling of akathisia at all tonight, oh please let this not be the valium 4 days ago, its sucha relief not to have it there, i had forgotten what it feels like not to have it, im also crying because I know its going to come back.

but if this isnt the valium, then its a window, and I deserve it, my god I deserve it so much
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I really hope that it never comes back for you, that this is the end of it and that you can have a life worth living again because I know how much you deserve it.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

half past 11, going to go and change the sheets and read for a while, still feeling quite good, what is this? could I be starting to stabalise on this dose? its been 5 weeks now with no changes, or maybe just a little window, maybe the valium but its never lasted this long, usually it would supress things for a day or 2 but I dont think its ever been 4,

Im certainly at the best place in my cycle so that will be helping, but you would think that the stress of my mum going home would have jacked things up, very confusing....but if it IS a window then thats still a good sign isnt it?

lets see what tomorrow brings...I will know tomorrow if it was the valium or not, as there is no way it would last 5 days, never ever has before.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I would take it as a good sign, nonetheless. I know it's confusing because it is totally weird and unusual to be without akathisia, but if it is a window, it's a good sign of healing. :)
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

I gather you’re constructing a comforting fantasy of running a nursing home to help you relax? Great idea! You’re a very imaginative person.

And that’s helpful that your mother will be back in 3-4 weeks!

Really it’s so true that you don’t need alcohol to feel intoxicated right now! That has been my experience in w/d, too.

Cute pic of Freddie!

You’re healing, Caroline. Step by step. Remember to breathe.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

yes thats always been my dream to open a GOOD nursing home for the elderly, I have worked in many over the years and they are nothing short of prison camps, maybe one day I will make it a reality, but I actually had a dream about it and managed to let it turn into a nice day dream, somewhere to go when I cant cope, another world, the one I wanted to happen for me.

breathe, yes, must do that, keep calm, jesus, Im English, Im meant to be calm in these crisis situations, I should be made of sterner stuff, stiff upper lips and all that what-ho spirit, but no, gibbering wreck!

Thanks, yes Freddie is too cute.

Thanks Sheila, I saw you come online and start replying to posts, I could see you were building up to reading mine, oh how you must look forward to it, NOT!!!!

well maybe one day my thread will be a beacon of hope to many, ''read Iggys threads'' people will say, if you want to see that you can come back from a very severe withdrawal, shes so happy now and running a nursing home and has a new baby, she has just come back from a holiday in Holland, smoking weed and drinking booze and is so happy, she may pop n the forum as she likes to encourage others from time to time but shes just so busy''##

ahhhhhhhh, to dream the impossible dream eh?

It's the 2am (my time) gust of gentle wind that passes through the forum, otherwise known as Sheila. Fascinating to watch, really.

You would certainly have a new perspective for that nursing home..

I never knew the English were tough people. I thought they were a bunch of pansies. I'll have to educate myself with Ricky Gervais' The Guide to English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZilbs2SmPo
    One of my favourite comedians he is..
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

I am so very happy for you, Iggy - you so deserve some peace. BTW, I really enjoy your sense of humor! And you are such a good person.....what a wonderful goal to run your own nursing home - that is really beautiful.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

didnt sleep, cant belive it, mild akathisia and I dont know what, racing thoughts maybe, got to sleep at around 5 and slept until Fred woke us up at 7, then slept again from 8 till 10.30, poo