Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    These words are as incredibly painful and sound utterly absurd to all those who are/were in benzo WD as they are to those who are told that the ADs WD doesn't exist. I've experienced the benzo hell myself, then when already being in the benzo hell, I went into the added ADs hell on top of it. It's been established on all possible levels how severe and real benzo WD is... It boggles my mind to even read something like it really...
    Amen (very true)
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

I agree that benzo withdrawal is very real, I was shocked to see that reply....also TTGW had benzo withdrawal and that is why she was placed on paxil, and I dont think she was on any other drugs ebfroe that,

thanks for all the replies,

alex, junior.....yes this is a suppoert forum so where else am I suposed to go with my fears? its all very well saying find a way to live, do you not think I am trying but when I cant go to the shops without hallucinating and having major panic attacks then its not a life i want, Junior, again you bring up the compasison between your ivf and my situation, how many times do I have to say that I am devestated that I cannot now have anymore children, I have to deal with that alongside the daily torture I am going through, its very VERY easy for you to give out this think positive advice when you are not and have NO idea what im coping with every second of every day...even if i do recover, I can never have a baby, never have a drink of alcohol, or smoke a bit of pot, never take medication for illness, never live a normal life ahain, and thats if things go WELL....My whole life is destroyed and you tell me to think positive.

also Dr S does not say we are doomed, his says if you see any recovery its likely to continue, also its not fair to say that if I think negative then I wont get well, I cant help it, so does that mean im doomed forever. i certainly feel that way

Sheila and Mona, I cannot go to spain, firstly its a 13 hour trip, they live in the middle of nowhere, a 3 hour flight followed by a 5 hour traiun ride and multiple long buses, I couldnt manage it, I cant even walk from one room to aother without having a panic attack, also Hubby wouldnt let me take freddie, so I wouldnt go, I will not leave him, i cant.

needinghelp - I agree that most people improve but Mike has a very poor quality of life, so what to these improvements count for? you will recover 100%, you can go to work, I am much much more severe than you, the more I read the more I realise that I am an extremely severe case, possibly the worst I have ever seen, I AM the same christiana, there is no difference at all. so thats why Im going for 20% chance and to be honest even that is generous, im more than hopeless.

I will go away for a while as its quite obvious that my oresence is upsetting people so I will have to cut myself off from the only place I can try to find comfort and reassurance,
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I wonder what is the point to go researching and diggin about negative stuff and posting here about that EVERY day??

This is a SUPPORT FORUM...we are (at least I am) scared enough to keep reading about Dr. this and Dr.that, saying that we are doomed and we'll never get well...

Neuroplasticity...yes, it is a fact that everything that goes through your mind has a direct effect in your brain.If all you give to your brain is negative stuff, how can you expect to have any positive reaction??
    Alex,
    I think Iggy needs to express their fears and fears. I think that helps your recovery, and that is the function of the forum.

Also I think it might be a great recovery story, down to the underworld and recover. This can be beneficial for people who are behind, and read his story.
    I, like many here, I read great stories of recovery, and give thanks for them. Had it not been for those people who wrote your story every day, would know not what we know now. We are all learning / evolving every day, we all need to learn to manage our energy, faith, hope, patience, negativities, etc.. however, it takes time ...
    Just my opinion
    A hug.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Thankyou parox.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I also want to piont out that Dr S knows of 3 people who took 7 years to fully recover, and 2 people who have not recovered after that time......Sheila is right, the forums knows FAR MORE...and we also know of epople who have recovered before that....look at cindy (hopeful onPP) she told me she felt all the symptoms were gone and w/d over at 6.5 years, but life was considerably better at 2.5 years, also she got worse at 10 months off, but felt better at 14-18 months off, then got bad again etc etc, but she has told me that she feels totally normal now and has fully recovered.

If my synptoms were less severe I would have more hope, before when I was able to somewhat function albiet with horrific akathisia and axiety I had more hope because I related more with others, but now with whateer is happening to me, the weakness the complete overwhelm at everything, I cannot put it into words, the auditory hallucinations, it just seems too much of a miricle to recover from this....addd to that the fact that I have been suffering so badly for a YEAR...I know its not long compared to others, but it feels like I lifetime

I am working because i have no choice. I really have no other choice. If i dont work, me and my famliy cant eat. I am very bad Iggy, just because i am working doesnt mean i am not as bad as you. I am suffering greatly. Unimaginably. I have been suffering for over a year, 14 months to be exact with no improvements.

Mike has seen alot of improvements, maybe not such a great quality of life, but improvments no doubt. I know where you are coming from. I am scared too, i am really really frightened for my life. I know what you are going through believe me i going through the same hell.

I dont post about my suffering anymore because i have noticed that no one wants to respond to my threads anymore. Now that is hurtful! Atleast everyone is responding to your posts. If i could, i would post day and night, but i cant. There is no point. It brings me nothing. I get no relief what so ever by posting, it actually makes me feel worse. I dont want to live anymore, but im too scared of death.

oh honey I KNOW you are suffering and I am not saying it is not hell for you, I guess we all think we are the worst, but trust me I can hardly walk fromone room to another, without feeling I am going to pass out and having a panic attack, I have just got up and dressed and Im already having a panic attack, Im going to walk down to the shops and Im terrified, this is no life.

Everyone replies to your posts, but the things about antibiotics etc people just dont know about, besides, there arent many of us on this forum are there?

I just want there to be an answer, if the answer was polydrugging I would do it, even if it was all going to poop out in 20 years I would take those years and just kill myself at the ned, but its the fact there there is no way out, its killing me, KILLING me, if I could just see some improvemnt, some sign of healing, just enough to let me get through the days without wanting to die, I would be so grateful.

i know your pain NH, Im so sorry you are suffering so much, like I am

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    I agree that benzo withdrawal is very real, I was shocked to see that reply....also TTGW had benzo withdrawal and that is why she was placed on paxil, and I dont think she was on any other drugs ebfroe that,

alex, junior.....yes this is a suppoert forum so where else am I suposed to go with my fears? its all very well saying find a way to live, do you not think I am trying but when I cant go to the shops without hallucinating and having major panic attacks then its not a life i want, Junior, again you bring up the compasison between your ivf and my situation, how many times do I have to say that I am devestated that I cannot now have anymore children, I have to deal with that alongside the daily torture I am going through, its very VERY easy for you to give out this think positive advice when you are not and have NO idea what im coping with every second of every day...even if i do recover, I can never have a baby, never have a drink of alcohol, or smoke a bit of pot, never take medication for illness, never live a normal life ahain, and thats if things go WELL....My whole life is destroyed and you tell me to think positive.

Iggy - I may not be in your situation - although I can empathise - but what I said to you stands. Positive thinking positively changes body function. For those who believe in energies such as chi and chakras - there is also the law of attraction where positive energy attracts positive energy while negative attracts negative. Now you can continue on the path you are on and continue to be negative ALL the time - or not. You may not have a choice about the symptoms of w/d and how hard it is - but you DO have a choice about how you respond to it.

BTW - You only know a tiny bit about my life - only the tiny portion I have chosen to reveal on this forum and at PP. You have no right judging or suggesting that no-one has ever suffered to the extent that you are now. That is the one thing about you that I find really hard to swallow. Maybe it is true that no-one has had w/d as bad as you - although I personally doubt it - but there are many many other ways that people suffer in their lives. You just haven't lived long enough to find out about them yet.

And since you have blown me off and only want validation from me about the extent of your suffering - something I am simply not prepared to do because I don't believe it is going to help you - then I will no longer post in your journal. I am only wasting my time.

I will go away for a while as its quite obvious that my oresence is upsetting people so I will have to cut myself off from the only place I can try to find comfort and reassurance,
    That is emotional blackmail and unfair on others. I could say a lot more but out of respect for people like Sheila, Stan and Luc, I won't.

I wish you all the best and pray that you DO recover. In time.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    Alex,
    I think Iggy needs to express their fears and fears. I think that helps your recovery, and that is the function of the forum.

Also I think it might be a great recovery story, down to the underworld and recover. This can be beneficial for people who are behind, and read his story.
    I, like many here, I read great stories of recovery, and give thanks for them. Had it not been for those people who wrote your story every day, would know not what we know now. We are all learning / evolving every day, we all need to learn to manage our energy, faith, hope, patience, negativities, etc.. however, it takes time ...
    Just my opinion
    A hug.
    yes,

being positive is nice, but in withdrawal we cannot always be positive, and negative is part of life, it has been create and we have to use it to reach the homeostasis; without negative we cannot feel the positive; after negative, reaching positive is wonderful
    Last edited by stan; 06-24-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish