Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

He is doing well! I was so happy to hear from him. As you all know, the horrible experience with SSRI's... His story is similar to mine and Iggy's. But he has a good report now and assured me that we can heal completely. That is the type of thing that keeps me going through all this. When it first started I feared I had reached the point of no return, like so many others feel that have been affected, because the adverse reaction brought on foreign feelings that I had NEVER experienced in my life and for so long, but things are getting better in time. And hearing these words from people who have gone through it and came out the other side and able to actually live again are like a heaven send. We really will find healing. Just keep the faith in your maker (For me that is God in heaven.), he designed our bodies and who better to heal them, no matter how hard it is and we too will come out through the otherside.

m&m, tell me what symptoms you are still having, anxiety? depression?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

My panic attacks are gone, but I would say mild to moderate anxiety and depression.

This is how I would range the remaining symptoms I am having:

On a level between 1 and 10 (1=good, 10=severe/intense)

Anhedonia – 4… it is getting better, I can now enjoy things and feel real joy when spending time with my son (THIS MEANS THE MOST TO ME!). On top of that I have moments of actually having interest in things. I think I am having more good moments than bad.

Loss of stamina to complete normal workday – 3-4…. Much much better but still there, I just have to keep pushing through. But yet again… better. So I’ll take that for now.

Hopelessness/depression – 2-3…. better, but still have moments.

Nausea – 2…. but it has really improved I don’t vomit from nerves everyday like I did for months.

Over whelmed in the mornings like I could jump off a bridge. (still there but now I don’t have the sudden urge to jump off a bridge… now it is more like a rough start that passes as I keep moving)

Fear – 2-3…Most of the irrational fears are gone but obviously I still fear being stuck. Think practicing more faith and letting this go will help.

Unreality – 2-3… at a lower level but still there occasionally. I haven’t noticed it in the past day or so to be honest.

Unable to go and do the things I once did without fear ( I haven’t resumed traveling again, but of course I haven’t tried) I still don’t do things like I used to…. Baby steps

Body Aches/ Tingling – 2-3 ( mild-moderate)

Neck/shoulder tension – 3 (mild)

Nervous Energy pulsing through my body – 4-5… (mild at times but it’s not always there like it was before, however I have noticed that certain things can set it off)

Sensitivity to light and sound – 3-4 (still there occasionally)

Overall, I can see much improvement. Before my days were excruciatingly unbearable. Now I feel like I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm so glad you're really seeing improvement, m&m!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

ok, update on Healy, dr has now agreed to refer me as I refuse to see anyone else. So that has gone through and I am now waiting for my appointment to come through with him
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

he is part from the few people who help us with his conferences, he is not perfekt but i am one of his fan; i wish you he can help you, already psychologically
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Good for you for sticking to your guns, Iggy. Remember, you probably know as much as he does about w/d now. Just different things. So, you can educate him too and brainstorm together.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Please, keep us updated on this one, Iggy. Very interesting developments.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    , Iggy. Remember, you probably know as much as he does about w/d now. Just different things. So, you can educate him too and brainstorm together.
    incredible! but i think it's the truth
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I'm so happy for you Iggy! Let me know what he recommends. How are you feeling lately? Praying for you.