Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

many vibes for you iggy
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Sheila said # 13
    Dédé -- I'm so sorry they used that emotional blackmail on you. That is so hard to resist -- especially when you feel sick and confused. You did an amazing job.
    In fact all the drugs that psychiatrists have forced me to take to the hospital made ​​me very sick but still led me to continue to think about normally ... The worst for me today is to know that the psychiatrist could very well make me undergo electroshock these without my consent: it was enough to convince my husband to affix his signature on the document authorizing electroshock cure! He also failed to sign (the medical team was a lot of pressure on him and blackmail to sign) but he asked about u = internet and discovered a doctoral thesis proving that psychiatry "therapy "is actually be very dangerous (1 death in 1 500 patients), it causes irreversible damage can be very serious and not as effective as it would have us believe! In fact, I have not experienced this treatment thanks to the internet on the one hand, and because (by mistake from the hospital) my file was lost between two services (the date of my shock and my entry to the clinical practice were expected!)
    No need to go on a pilgrimage to Lourdes in my case: my salvation, I have internet and incompetence secretaries of hospital services to me "welcome!"

All the best.

Dédé
    "When the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, the last fish caught, only then will you find that money can not eat! " Cree Indian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAjtVMhQyWw

The "obedience to authority figures" is one of the most powerful things in psychology, Dédé. We all have it. That is *so* great your husband was strong enough to not let them do this to you.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

That's very weird that your file was lost! That seems like divine intervention! And your husband gets tons of credit for doing Internet research and not succumbing to the "expert" advice. A close call. Very scary. And thank goodness for the Internet!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

ok bad news, the dr said no that he was not local enough and wanted to refer me to a local pdoc to see if I have an underlying mental health issue.

Well I can tell you that I have no intention of going to some pdoc who is going to diagnose me with some BS I dont have.

I was so upset but I have decided not to give up, Im going to email David Healy and ask his advice and then Im going to see my dr again and say its him or nothing.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

That’s the spirit, Iggy! It’s crummy that we have to fight so hard to get help while we’re feeling the sickest we’ve ever been, but that’s sometimes the case – especially when you’re dealing with a new, man-made ailment. Good idea to ask Healy for advice. Go, Iggy!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Good for you Iggy! I know it has disappointed you that the appointment fail through but remember Dr. Healy has already acknowledged the truth about SSRI's and adverse reactions. Now, you don't have to pay the really high co-payment to see him, but still know the truth. We were normal functioning people before this happened. No, we will never get back the time the drug has taken away from us, but the important thing is .... WE WILL HEAL IN TIME and WE WILL LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AGAIN.

I talked to Charly yesterday and he gave me hope and said that yes, we will heal in time. I am your comrade in this survival process. We will survive.

Yes, it may sometimes get frustrating, but, as they say, one step back, TWO forward. It's still worth trying.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

m&m -- That's great you talked with Charly! Did he say anything else you can pass along to us? How is he doing? Did he say what he's up to?

-- Holger Kalweit

yes tell us more about your talk with charley m&m, how is he now?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this